Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Favourite NPC?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

I was chatting to my mate about the greatest game ever created the other day, and up came the discussion of the coolest NPC. He loves Filk to bits for some reason, although I was adamant that Keriax would eat him for lunch.

So, for a bit of fun. Who is everyone's fav NPC? Personally, I think Keriax is just one mean SOB, who has a cool name, and just kicks ass in general. Also, I love the Assassin Prince, because a) Assassins rock b) How cool would it be to be the most badass assassin in the whole Draklor Chain, and c) because....well....Assassins rock.

------

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/18/2006 at 12:26 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 at 16:47 (GMT -5)

I like the cute dog. I mean hes all like "rawr". And then he bites you. If would be so cool to level him up, then have him kill balors and like... Shopkeepers or the little girl. That would be cool.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 at 19:56 (GMT -5)

Got to be the Mad Minstril for me. He's certainly the most mysterious character, with access to SoCRs, an interest in the weird tome (which talks about the Scroll of Omnipotence) and knowledge of the scintillating cave. I wrote a few songs for him a number of years back that got incorporated into 1.0.0, and also wrote a sort of backstory for him that I made into a long song (here for anyone interested).

Otherwise, well, Andor Drakon is obviously quite a cool NPC as well - the only one you can't pickpocket, gets stronger by using magic on him, has insane amounts of HP, and you can't use a stethoscope on him. He can even walking through walls. He's by far the most unique NPC in terms of special powers and such.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/18/2006 at 20:00 (GMT -5) by Darren Grey]
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5890 days, 21 hours, 54 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 00:38 (GMT -5)

I agree that Andor Drakon is one of the coolest NPCs. He also has some of the best lines in the game. Not that that's saying much, but hey...
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
*Chaos Muffin*
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

6130 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 00:59 (GMT -5)

does Multi Headed Chaos Dragon count?
Dragon, chaos, multi headed badass coolness.
Other than that, Yriggs is cool, chaos madness!
*<< Words go here >>*
Portrait
Kirbot
Registered user
BattleHax0r of Devastation

Last page view:

5890 days, 21 hours, 54 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 02:13 (GMT -5)

Also, if I were going to choose one of the orb guardians, I'd have to say the ACW. Its description is just so... epic. And it's a real son of a glitch to take down.
Molach: "I like to have 200+ hp and over 5 good healin potions when I do [the fire] temple. AND some way of killing the Wyrm"

Morio: "Some way of killing the worm is recommended, yes :D"
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 16 hours, 39 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 02:49 (GMT -5)

for coolness i'd say the ancient stone beast. but he's far from a badass.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: