Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / lost climbset in rift problem

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Elerius
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

I broke climbing set and accidentally killed rattling trader, is there any way to get out back to
CoC ?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 14:43 (GMT -5)

Happened to me once. I kept around the Rift level 5 (not too badly corrupting there) killing and pickpocketing till I got a RoDS and used it for climbing sets. Ever since then I've always made sure to take 3 sets with me to the Rift...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
KaosMufin
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 16:11 (GMT -5)

Or if you have potions of exchange youo could try to dip some tools in them? i havent tried it with tools, as i save my PoE of cats and rings.
Might wotk tho
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

I thought that only turned them into things of the same weight? Or is it only potions of raw chaos that have that limitation?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

i've gotten 4 large rations from dipping 4 bones into a potion of exchange, so i dont think that weight is a problem :P
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5619 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 02:50 (GMT -5)

It isn't. Dipping things into !oEx only transforms them into items of same type (tools into tools, rings into ring etc.) and there is no weight limits. I've got piles of fletchery sets from piles of keys (a heap of 19 fletchery sets weighs a lot, mind). Theoretically it should even be possible to get a pile of anvils from keys, I guess.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5679 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

A heap of 19 anvils would be... difficult to deal with... Unless you had Strength of Atlas on. Otherwise I don't quite know what to do. But the image of a heap of 19 anvils is pretty funny.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

Or 19 statues. Even that is probably possible though I can't remember for sure if I've ever got statues from !oEx dipping. Statues can even weigh 4000 s (possibly more) so 19 such statues would weigh, like , 76000 s.

But dipping surplus keys into !oEx can be quite useful. For instance, with decent fletchery skill getting 19 fletchery sets would net absolutely piles of arrows/quarrels/tiny quarrels. Or imagine 19 magical writing sets...
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 06:37 (GMT -5)

would those statues or anvils kill you if you had low strength and was overburdened already?
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 07:04 (GMT -5)

Doesn't the char automatically drop the items (out of surprise) when they transform ? I don't know if they are actually transformed before dropping them or not, though.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

oh, yeah, the items are dropped.

while we're on the topic of being crushed to death, has anyone tried:
- being overburdened, wishing for something heavy (platemails would work good) and being crushed to death?
- wearing an amulet of life saving, being crushed to death (strength of atlas wearing off, putting on a ring of weakness, or whatever reason), what happens next?
- leaving a bunch of si's (enough to take you from strained! right through overburdened, into crushing death) in the ID then going up or down a level? i assume that you'd just get them back and get crushed to death. but does that happen before or after you leave the level?
ej
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

Where come the idea from that you cant leave the rift without a climbingset?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5147 days, 18 hours, 53 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

Oh you can leave it all right. But to get into the library you need one. If you leave rift you have to fall down again.

Spoiler
You can leave rift and go to the TotHK-place NW, but not back to CoC. So that is a good reason to leave a climbing set THERE. Just in case this happens. So you can at least get back to main CoC.

First climbing set is in pyramid, after that you get the one in gremlin cave to have a spare.

Blessing them should make them less likely to break. I think.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/8/2006 at 10:54 (GMT -5) by Molach]
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 13:06 (GMT -5)

AoLS doesn't save from being crushed by excess weight. I lost my last failed wannabe-Archmage that way.
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2006 at 01:34 (GMT -5)

If I remember correctly, AoLS *does* save against being crushed to death provided you are in a location and not in the wilderness map. If you are in a location then you will be resurrected and have one turn to drop enough items to avoid being crushed to death again (in practice it is usually prudent to simply drop everything using the quick drop command). However, if you are travelling through the wilderness and don't enter a wilderness square before the crushing occurs then the AoLS won't work.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: