Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Better arrows

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Archer Problem
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 11:53 (GMT -5)

Love this forum as I am addicted to ADOM.

Using a high lvl 30 elven archer I have tons of arrows, have found extra fletchery sets, fletchery skill is 100. Still when I make arrows I nearly always get regular arrows, no barbs or anything.

What factors affect the type of arrow made?
-danger level?, luck? b/u/c status of fletch kit and log?

In an attempt to get some of those sweet eternium arrows I went and told Hawkslayer "iceberg" but he basically refuses to shoot them, he continues to use melee attack how can I alter his attack style?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5619 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

IME the type of arrows created is random. Plain arrows are the most common type created and special arrows are rare but possible. In my archmage game I created lots of fletchery sets by dipping surplus keys into !oEx and created the arrows in forest square using blessed fletchery sets and blessed logs (most arrows gained this way).
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 12 hours, 21 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

The type you get is just random. If you want to try in a high danger level area in the hopes that'll help then the white unicorn glade would be the best place since there's no corruption there.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Archer Problem
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

What about the Hawkslayer portion of the question. Is there a way to convince him to be less stingy with his arrows?
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 15 hours, 18 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

i doubt it. maybe you could try having him stand on one side of a river with monsters attacking you on the other side. not sure if he can swim, if he can he might just go over and melee again.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: