Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Drakish Beastfighter troubles

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

mpa
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 08:57 (GMT -5)

I used to exclusively play gray elven wizards or high elven archers. After my last win with a wizard, I decided to play a toe-to-toe fighter type and chose a beastfighter.

Currently Drake is at level 18, with around 30 STR, 20 LE, 28 WI, 29 DX, 20 MA. He has completed all dwarven quest and cleared the pyramid. Before continuing to journey deeper into CoC he wants to get an AoLS. Therefore he is currently in ID:~30 trying to find a ring of djinni summoning.

His problems are as follow:

He has level 12 or 13 unarmed skill plus 33 STR (due to +3 STR girdle) yet he is having huge trouble trying to kill normal monster. For example he found a fire giant tension room in ID:31 and only managed to kill -two- fire giants before he was forced to flee to safety (escaped with 10 health).

If I were playing a wizard, those fire giants would be slaughtered in matter of seconds with frost bolt. What the hell is wrong with this beastfighter ?

PS. Athletics and Dodge is at 100, Tactics at 50. Around 50 DV and 27 PV at Aggressive.

PPS. Doh, Drake is apparently both cursed and doomed from killing some stupid karmic dragon.

Secondly, where is the optimal place to search for ring of djinni summoning ? That is, taking into account that Drake is still kinda weak, so no diving into ID:50.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I had a level 12 mindcrafter who was cursed and doomed. He was getting killed by rats... Anyway, cleared all the pools in darkforge? If not, put on ankh and go do that. If so... either give up and let him bite the dust or gremlin scum.
Also, thats a nice beastfighter. Good stats, and nice DV + PV.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
The fact that you are cursed and doomed probably goes someway towards the fact that the Fire Giants were spanking your Draklings rear end. If you know of an altar where you can get rid of this, I suggest you do so soonish. Also, what is your toughness? You haven't mentioned that. Make sure everything is premium with the use of herbs etc. And bump up HP with extra PoEH and PoUH.

Drain pools, kill gremlins, dip heaps of rings into blessed PoE. Have you killed the Banshee? Use her to wipe out the animated forest if you need to. Dig up graves in both the graveyards. Otherwise....not a great deal else you can do, besides let Khelly say bye byes, and you proceed.

----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/22/2006 at 11:51 (GMT -5) by PeanutGod]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: