Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Starting items and St

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Blacklion
Registered user
Jellies... BAH!

Last page view:

5011 days, 16 hours, 32 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 03:02 (GMT -5)

I got this thought to my head when I just a moment ago made a random character, which I found out to be hurthling ranger. Real crappy stats in the beginning, and St really low, 8. He was carrying stuff weighing 659s, and burdened level was 661-..s. So, has anyone ever got a character who is already burdened when he enters Dracalor Chain? Could it be so that the starting items could be related to the carrying capacity then? (I don't think that it works the other way, if you'd had lots of strenght you'd get more items, at least I haven't noticed that :D)

This isn't really useful I guess, but nice lil thing to wonder about on adom. I think I'll test this soon.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5619 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 03:10 (GMT -5)

Well, a weaponsmith starts with an anvil weighing 1000s (and probably with some ingots as well) so a weaponsmith of some weak race (a hurthling, say) that "was seriously ill" might start off strained or worse.

Oh, and 8 is not that bad. IIRC I've had chars starting off with strength of 5, possibly even less. It might be fun to try to get a char that starts off overburdened...
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/29/2006 at 03:11 (GMT -5) by The Real J.]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 04:36 (GMT -5)

Its crazy when you generate a grey elf, who has awesome learningm, awesome mana, and yet his strength and toughness are both 4 or less.

-----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4155 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 06:43 (GMT -5)

real j: hurtling weaponsmiths despite famiuly history start with strength of 16 at least. it's not that hard to check things before posting.

i guess sometimes iron ration is cut to elvn bread for strength purposes.

the only known way in Adom1.1.1 ti get character burdened on generation is to start it on New Year. these six potions of booze doesn't count towards your normal equipment and my push you to burdened. got such case oince with changed computer clock for hurtling mindcrafter.

if anyone manages to get character strained on the begining i would be very eager to know how.

and in general since when strength is a problem in adom? just hang out strained! at ID1 till get to the mark you count reasonable.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/29/2006 at 20:00 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Cristus
Registered user
The smallest giant alive

Last page view:

5983 days, 6 hours, 24 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 15:19 (GMT -5)

I always play random characters and die quite a lot. I hence noted that characters who start with low strength are always on the verge of being burden. In the case of weaponsmiths, since they have to carry the anvil and some ingots, they have almost no other starting stuff besides that. So yes, startings item is strength related for low strength characters.
All your base are belong to us.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/29/2006 at 15:21 (GMT -5) by Cristus]
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5451 days, 2 hours, 56 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 16:34 (GMT -5)

You never start out burdened. Otherwise, you could get crushed by starting weight (anvil for weaponsmiths and if you do some things right gold with Gnomish Merchants). This makes elven weaponsmiths very good, because I think they have a minimum of 16 strength along with all other good elven stats.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: