Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / HighElven Farmer

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Noob
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 17:52 (GMT -5)

Hey, I've never won yet, and I really want to win with a High Elven Farmer and start with Raven starsign so I get rune-covered trident after blup.
I'm not going for an Ultra Ending, so I do all the goody quests right away. Only once have I done the puppy quest, Yriggs, and Kranach quest all together completely. Is it even possible to do this repeatedly with ease. My first char that succeeded died against Hotzenplotz....so I know that that's not possible without Sun's Messenger. I start with Puppy Cave, so is that a bad idea?Should I just do Yriggs then Kranach, cuz I love the 3000 gold. Thanks in advance, any info on this will be appreciated.
Noob
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 18:54 (GMT -5)

Note: I also usually take Twyatt to Lawinoethoel so he gives me an amulet of order, kill some beggers to go to N+ so I get pickpocketing, so I can get detect traps. If that helps....

hahah........
7 more farmers have died since first post on this thread.....
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5445 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 19:34 (GMT -5)

I would do UD. Kranach is in no way great. If I head in UD with treasure hunter I pop out with over 6k. But, If you really want the long bows I would do as follows
1. Stop in Terry and get some rations
2. Head to Small cave and find staircase and blanket if possible. Leave before level 6.
3. Go do Kranach. Try to run around and get a bunch of arrows on ground.
4. Do Village elder
5. Do UD now and get herbs, or puppy cave then do that.
Hopefully after that you will have some experience, precrowns, herbs, money, and equipment. After that you can do CoC or Hotzy if you want. My two cents.
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5142 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 08:41 (GMT -5)

*Do what the Cat Lord says. It will get a lot of your men killed, but those who make it will be in good shape.

If you have not won yet....high elven farmer is not the easiest character to win with. One of the tougher, I would indeed say. One of the few high elves that does not start with a good armor.

High elf archer sounds safer, high elf wizard is nice, hurthling wizard, anything wizard (not troll). High elf ranger, high elf barbarian, high elf anything should be safer than your farmer. Even the unlikely high elf assassin gets a nice armor from his guild when he arrives.

About killing hotzenplotz. "Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee". If he can't hit you, he can't hurt you. At least physically, he'll probably shout curses at you while you slowly turn him into a porcupine from afar. Beware of the other citizens, they will turn on you when you attack hotzenplotz.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/30/2006 at 08:55 (GMT -5) by Molach]
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5052 days, 19 hours and 27 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

Hotzenplotz - shoot the bugger with poison arrows, and then watch as he doesn't regenerate and eventually falls over and kicks the bucket.

-----

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5142 days, 4 hours, 37 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

I don't think he regenerates anyway, too. But poison arrows means you could even run and not bother to shoot.

Only take him if you need the amulet or gold, otherwise its fun to smack him when you are a grown-up level 30
Noob
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

Thanks guys, though for some particular reason this type of char appeals to me. I don't like spellcasters. And I have a high elven archer now, but I think it's going to be a little to easy with all the slaying ammo....thanks anyways!!!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: