Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Zen Monk

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4149 days, 16 hours and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 at 22:42 (GMT -5)

well, i've got it to the edge of gremlin bomb.
i mean i have blind monk with wands of trap creation, some booze, fluff ball and lv13 for kicking walls.

problem is my testing revealed weird thing:
alarm traps seem don't work for blind characters.

i'm testing with another character and everything looks quite ok.
then i drink potion of blindness and according to wand of monster detection and look of room with alarm traps after blindness wears off it is very not Ok.

anybody got some bright ideas?

p.s. if you are interested i can share my test file.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5025 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 at 22:46 (GMT -5)

i dont get what you mean with "it is very not ok" and what exactly about monsters and alarm traps you're talking about.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 at 23:33 (GMT -5)

not very ok means:

according to wands of monster detection and look after blindness wears off it looks like alarm is not working. and i don't hear any squeeking boards.
room with traps is just filled up with gremlins who doesn't fight with each other.

this doesn't happen then char is not blind.

monster vs traps:

it is Jerzy's trick from eternium man efforts gremlin bomb+forcing to kill them each other with alarm traps. only in modified layout, Jerzy's was very ugly one.

actually this way you can get infinit amount items resulting in wish engine.

and wish engine is something i was aiming for.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/15/2006 at 23:35 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 at 17:32 (GMT -5)

no idea :-/
what happens when your blind character steps in an alarm trap that you know should be there? as far as i can remember, you seem to activate every single trap you step on, yeah? does that work with the alarm trap?
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 at 21:22 (GMT -5)

activating alarms doesn't help much:)

no, blind chars doesn't always activate traps. way even manage to discover some new ones without seting them.

checked last of my ideas: arificial corridor of light traps.

also checked traping gremlins in darkness and out of lign of sight. in both cases they seem to get huge bonusses in avoiding traps.

Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/16/2006 at 23:00 (GMT -5) by Soirana]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

weird. i wonder if it works with other monsters too. i guess not since "you hear a squeaking sound" isnt that rare a message.

two questions about your monk: how did you knwo your wand and potion are of trap creation and booze? scrolls of any kind are useless to you, yeah? and where will you do your dipping for rings of DS without scrolls of danger? id:24 (that's the right optimum level, yeah?) or somewhere else?
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, December 17, 2006 at 10:06 (GMT -5)

shops work just fine for identifying items. at leats black market. and potions can be drinked, and wands can be zapped.

and armour can be worn and if cursed forced to destruction via acid trap.

straight no i don't think i'm going to do diping:(.
i've only got heap of three rings and one potion of exchange and giant rats are sort of geting tougher:(

i was planing to use teleporting dungeon above assassin guild. iirc, DL is exactly 8.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: