Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Quite a strange crash

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ilsekko
Registered user
Sick Burdened Stunned Confused

Last page view:

5971 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

Hi again! Looks like im being cursed in real life, or perhaps im no more able to separate my adom-brain from my real life-brain..whatever, hers what happened to me just moments after posting my last thread about healing companions..went to my pc, resumed the game and moved a few steps with my fellow cave bear.Then one of those "suicide" message appeared with no apparent reason saying "the cave bear decides to fight to death in a blind rage! The cave bear misses the cave bear, the cave bear looks at the cave bear with a puzzled expression". I thought it was going to die but nothing else happened, so i kept on going but as i moved one step the game crashed with this message "Invalid target on 'GetTargetData'(-2)".
I started the game again and i found the saved game was in the usual position, so i resumed it and found anything was ok..spent some time checking my inventory and then, as i tried to move further, the game crashed again.

So what? I got this really promising l16 drakish monk stuck in a sort of time warp. I can resume the game and do anything beside movin a single step, otherwise the game crashes..this really pisses me off..is there a way out of this? Does anybody knows anything bout this crash? Is my character lost forever?? Thanx to you all
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4156 days, 4 hours, 34 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 08:01 (GMT -5)

i remember something similar.

advise is simple: kill bear. and i say, drink some beer in his memory:)
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Red October
Registered user

Last page view:

5679 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 23:07 (GMT -5)

I've had this happen on the battle bunny level, though not for specific reasons. I had battle bunnies spawn even though I killed the bunny master, so I closed off the entire level with doors to keep this from happening.
Battle Bunny: "Ach, maybe his Christian altar was stepped on.
By a moloch."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5032 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 03:29 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
if i remember right, they still spawn after you kill bugs, just not as fast.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5833 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 06:23 (GMT -5)

You remember quite correctly. Actually, however, I noticed that while their spawn speed is similar, the main thing is that they rarely ever respawn when you kill all the rabbits. Sometimes you get a new colony in your backside though.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
Ilsekko
Registered user
Sick Burdened Stunned Confused

Last page view:

5971 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 at 06:27 (GMT -5)

Yesss! Killin' da bear was the solution!! I managed to blast him with a wand of fire and everything was fixed after that..shame that i fell to a black slayer just a few moments later..that must be real life curse, here's the point. Thanx for the help!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: