Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / I just had some VERY sick fun.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5833 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 10:20 (GMT -5)

Lol. You will see what I did when you read this.
OK, get some program (WADOMF, Cheater Delight, etc.), anything that can give you a WoWi with lots of charges. I started up Cheater Delight, and that worked for me with Gamma 15. (0.9.9)
Then, I toned myself up a bit so I can survive a few blasts, wished for potions of speed and drank them all, and a few amulets of life saving just for the heck of it and for safety (actually, I got instakilled a few times by lots of monsters). Now I made a backup, cause I didn't want to redo all this preparation again when I would start again.
Here, what I had for fun was: I wished for various monsters in different games. First wish: Chaos Warrior. Well, the beast completely eliminated Terinyo. The power of the Druid and the Sheriff? Nah, a one-man army can take it down (only slightly injured). Then I summoned things like emperor liches, ancient drakes, shadow wyrms, chaos wizards. Bored with Guth'Alak? Then go to Dwarftown!
Next thing. I wished for "friends" many times. (about 30-40 monsters). Then I summoned various tough monsters. (greater) Molochs, chaos warriors, quickling bard (way to get tiny quarrels baby!). Then you can watch the carnage. As long as you are near the enemy and it is hostile to you, however, it seems your army takes down EVERYTHING short of an emperor moloch. (1 GM? OK! But not 20!) Even ancient drakes will go down.
It is actually entertaining to me to watch all the chaos and melee. Also, a few things to wish for:
-Ring of tele control and tele wands. To be able to teleport around to watch different things etc.
-Speed, if you are fighting quickling lords especially, else the action may go a little fast.
-If you use Cheater Delight, then you better wish for scrolls of chaos resistance. It gives two wands for a reason: the mana battery will instantly cost you one wand if you're not careful.
Feel free to comment!
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
n00b-eMpErOr
Registered user
Emperor of n00bish Plane

Last page view:

6308 days, 10 hours, 42 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 11:30 (GMT -5)

Lol, reminds me of wishing for cute dog in terinyo...I've wished for Emperor Moloch and nobody EVER even scratches them.Pretty funny if you wish for gremlins....I had gremlins destroy dwarftown once.gremlin+water trap^2=chaos
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5620 days, 10 hours, 29 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

Heh ! In my first Archmage game I wished for 8 cute dogs for tiny girl. Could've wished much more but couldn't be bothered.

Using alarm traps and wished for monsters might be interesting on some pacified level: wishing for various tough monsters and making them fight each other.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
n00b-eMpErOr
Registered user
Emperor of n00bish Plane

Last page view:

6308 days, 10 hours, 42 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

Yeah...video tape it and put it online and take bets on which side wins:D
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 15:21 (GMT -5)

And BTW to the emperor moloch thing, it was about 3-4 mins of real time for the whole horde to take down 1 GM with all messages skipped very quickly, so yeah.
I will try the duel thing, good idea :)
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

Did you try ancient karmic wyrm? Those guys give the most xp, and are in some ways tougher than greater molochs. I'm amazed they could take down GMs though, most of them surely wouldn't have been able to penetrate the PV. I guess though with critical hits they eventually whittled it down, whilst it was too slow to beat them off.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

Well, I didn't try it, but I tried to summon ancient elemental wyrms, and I got drakes instead.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Lost_one
Registered user
unregistered user

Last page view:

5928 days, 3 hours, 36 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 at 22:34 (GMT -5)

wish for killer bugs?

mutilated battle bunnies?

how about a glod vrs glod battle?

also, a better way to boost speed than wishing just for it is to wish for stomaemptia and quickling lord corpses, along with potions of holy water

hrm, what elese...

gremlin+ water traps vrs claw bugs + battle bunnies

make that battle in the big room, just make sure to make doors all the way around the exits, far sight, and some teleportation (no need for control when the only 2 possible rooms to move to are the ones enclosed in doors.)
"I have opinions -STRONG opinions- that sometimes, I don't agree with"

---Prez. George W. Bush
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 06:39 (GMT -5)

You can't wish for quickling lord corpses directly. Even if you couldn't it wouldn't compare to a direct wish for speed.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

Potions of speed (or in the new versions, quickling blood), however, do it. And you can also wish for corpses, getting 3 random corpses.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help