Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Tywat Pare and the ID

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at 20:57 (GMT -5)

I don't know if anyone's noticed this before (haven't been active for almost two years) but Tywat Pare is pretty hard to get rid off... He killed some monsters in the SMC, monsters which I wanted to kill so I figured I should get rid of him (having killed Kranach). So I went to the ID, Kranach following me all the time. When he entered ID:1 and went two steps from the stairway, I left him there and went out of the dungeon, congratulating myself for the brilliant idea. So I was heading towards the bandit village when I encounter the sheriff. Duh, it's so nice to know that you can lose 7LB's or AoLS in there but not the sheriff :/
For the Horde!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

This is something that happens for all companions in the ID. Same happens if you abandon them in the wilerness - every now and then you'll encounter them again. I've heard this also happens with Filk if you bypass his level without knowing it and resurface, but I've never dared to try that myself.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3606 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

I knew about the Wilderness, but not about the ID.
For the Horde!
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5770 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 at 04:39 (GMT -5)

Yesterday I went down to ID:100 to kill Filk, and he says that he'll be happy if you slaughter the Mad Minstrel, has anyone ever killed the MM and see Filk to see what happens?
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
*Chaos
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 at 05:21 (GMT -5)

I did it a few years/versions ago, he said something similar to "nowimaveryhappyquickling"
Also he used to multiply when encountered in wilderness, you'd let him join you, but then you'd encounter him again! and again!
I reckon its after images, created from his awesome speed :p
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4246 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

No rewards then? Shame...

Heh, I guess the multipying thing is because he breaks the speed of light, thus creating multiple temporal encounters of himself. Kill the earliest one to create a paradox and crash the game ;)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
*Chaos
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 at 12:41 (GMT -5)

Hah, he does the DBZ after image thingy :p
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5770 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 at 14:07 (GMT -5)

I once had Shriek follow me accidentally, and as soon as I entered a wilderness fight, the game crashed.....
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: