Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Doh... crowned @ N=

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

w6u6f
Registered user

Last page view:

6258 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 08:49 (GMT -5)

So I accidently crowned at N=, which wasn’t my original plan. I was going to precrown at the neutral alignment, get the scrolls of chaos resistance in dwarftown, convert to L+ and then crown there.

So… my question is, now what to I do?

If I stay at Neutral can I still beat the game? All I plan on doing is closing the chaos gate on CoC50 and getting the heck out. I still have never beaten the game. Last time died on the bunny level… don’t ask.

Should I convert to L+?
The problem I see here is I am going to get bolted (which cold possibly kill me). On top of that, the monsters generated. I just really like that corruption reduction bonus of being L+. Also, I am currently using my crowning gift as m primary weapon, will I lose that?

Suggestions please

Thanks!
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5056 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 08:57 (GMT -5)

Of course you can complete the game at N= whilst being crowned. Why wouldn't you be able to?

And no, don't convert to L+. Stay N=, or you'll become a fallen champion, and that isn't a good thing to be.

Carry on the game as normal
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

w6u6f
Registered user

Last page view:

6258 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

Doesn't matter anyways.

Banshee Level. Plugged my ears. Encountered a fire vortex which engulfed me. Melted Bees Wax. Scream.

Dead

Lesson Learned.
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5607 days, 9 hours, 25 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 01:56 (GMT -5)

Ah, death. The answer to every Adom question.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Nightmare
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

Wow, that sucked! I once ran into a tension room of Liches on the banshee level. Thankfully I hadn't opened up her chamber yet, and killed them all first. I knew from experience that their missile attack would melt the wax in my ears.

IIRC, wearing a wedding ring will prevent death from her scream? Now do you have to be a male character, or does the ring have to be blessed or uncursed?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4243 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 17:21 (GMT -5)

You have to wield the ring in your weapon slot, not the ring slot. Also as far as I'm aware it just stops her attacking - the scream will still kill you.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3603 days, 13 hours, 16 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 17:53 (GMT -5)

Taken from teh Guidebook:

"Alternatively, a male character can wield a wedding ring (in a weapon slot, not a ring slot). In this case the PC in question still hears the Banshee's wail, but it does not damage the PC. The Banshee is still hostile, however. The Banshee's wail is displayed to a male PC wielding a wedding ring as follows by the game:

The banshee regards you in astonishment. "My beloooovvveed huuuusbaaaaaaaaaaannnd!"

Beware of trying to lead the Banshee around while wielding a wedding ring. While her wail can be exploited (see below), this is a dangerous practice. The wedding ring only works while the Banshee can see the PC, so leaving her line of sight for even a single turn can be fatal."
For the Horde!
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5768 days, 49 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 18:08 (GMT -5)

Of course she is among the most scummy in my opinion methods of getting a RoDS or AoLS, besides a certain cave(remember that this is the ADOM section, not spoiler section)
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5480 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 20:06 (GMT -5)

The certain cave is IMO a bad way to do it. You need the monster elsewhere. Sheep-scumming is *dangerous*. After my latest death...Lets just say I won't be doing that again soon.

Kill sheep.

"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/17/2007 at 20:07 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5768 days, 49 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

I kinda feel sorry for new guys to adom...they must think we're crazy by the way we're talking...haha;D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Nightmare
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

You can use the Banshee-Chainsaw method for a long time and still get garbage drops. I'm wondering, if you read scrolls of danger, will that improve the treasures you find from this method? Or being cursed/doomed, would that make the treasure better?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4243 days, 10 hours, 54 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:31 (GMT -5)

Scrolls of danger will allow higher level items, but most of the nice stuff is already available in animated forest. Cursed/doomed might make things worse.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3902 days, 9 hours, 10 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 11:08 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
The Banshee can easily be used in the animated forest. to make sure she doesn't get to you, create a room with locked doors and lock her in. She will kill a *lot* of trees, but won't be able to hurt you (if you have your ears plugged) since she can't smash the doors. This is a good way to get lots of stuff.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3603 days, 13 hours, 16 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

o_O Morio, great idea. I had to kill her early last time because it was my first time luring her and I didn't remember how powerful she was. If she got too powerful... I didn't want to risk.
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: