Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / YASD: Ioasklaksnaon

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

w6u6f
Registered user

Last page view:

6261 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 11:15 (GMT -5)

Ioasklaksnaon L33 Hurthling Bard
(Name doesn't mean anything, I just bang on the keys till something comes up)

He was blasted with energy by Nuurag-Vaan, the Chaos Archmage in the temple of elemental Mana.

I honestly though this game was going to be my first victory and really had no excuse other then lack of experience.
I had Sting, Needle, Robes of Resistnace, Ring of Immunity, Ironfist, 7LB.

Basically this was my first time in the elemental temple so I didn’t really know what I was up against, I was blowing through everything until I got to Nuuarag-Vaan. I had Death Ray resistance and Confusion resistance, unfortunately a wands of light were my only source of light.

I blew through everything until I got to Nuurag-Vaan.
I got him to moderately hurt in a few hits.
Casting wand of light whenever he used darkness.
Then he hit me, corrupted me with mana battery (or whatever the one is that absorbs charges from wands).
Absorbed all the charges in my wand.
Tried to hit him a few times in the dark, with many missed.
HP got down to around 70…
Tried to flee with the hope of reading a SoCR and to heal up.
Zapped me before I got away.
Not sure why I just didn’t pray…

I’m guessing in the future a torch is simply the best way to deal with him?
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5059 days, 1 hour, 52 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

It seems to me that Mr Vaan is harder for some than others. I've never had a problem with him at all in my games, I generally ind the Stone Beast more annoying, but I think thats different for different people. Yes, a decent light source is a good thing, althought a decent light spell should work just as well. If you had acid ball, you can stand behind the door to the mana temple, lock it, and then acid ball him from the other side (easy to know when he's dead as you'll level up). Humanoid slaying ammo is also highly recommended. Train bows from them start (which MUST be on the best pieces of advices for anyone starting the game for the first time), and let him have it with those. Or as a bard, just have a highly crazy companion that is 'ard and have it beat em down. Only beat the game once with a bard, and didn't have many pets, so don't really know how they fare against him.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

Nah, don't waste all that experience on a companion. Even for bards, pets are best used just as a crutch in the early game.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
w6u6f
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 11:51 (GMT -5)

Unfortunately this Bard, wasn't much of a caster. Didn't get concentration on the initial roll or on the 6 skill level up. So basically I was at 0 mana pretty quick in the temple. Had a few scrolls of power but, can't read those in the dark.

I had Archery/Fletchery and Crossbow up to about Lvl 10, slings 11.
w6u6f
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

Ya, more poor puppy dog died after getting the waterproof blanket and I never got around to replacing him.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5770 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

I find the acid ball technique is somewhat cheap in IMHO.(humble). And with bards, I always find it good to save the following artifacts for Hawkslayer: Ancient Mummy Wrapping( or crappy pre-crowning/crowning gifts), shield of raw steel/eternium tower shields.It's nice to have him for weak characters in ToEF.(hence the shield of raw steel.)
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5482 days, 20 hours and 34 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

Is he resistant to paralysis? I recently (after 10 tries) discovered that great white wyrms are.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: