Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / YASD:Ralksndoain

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

w6u6f
Registered user

Last page view:

6261 days, 4 hours, 56 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

L26 Hurthling Bard

Crushed by tons of luggage in a damp cave on level 5. (TotHK)

This one upsets me because I had victory imo.
- Pre-crowned with Protector. Had 80+ DV
- Acid Ball +7 (Was looking forward to completing the mana temple for the first time)
- Good Crossbow skills

Basically what happened was, I went to the Rift after ToEF. Was unlucky and lost my climing set. Guess I should of brought two... Had no where near enough cash so I went to the damp caves where there is lots of monster generation to get cash. Put on autopickup for tools in case I got a climbing set. Picked up two statues along the way. Strength of Atlas wore off. *Dead*

So close, but so far from beating this game.
Thinking about throwing in the towel...

gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5875 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

lol, similar thing happened to me

dont give up though, i sometimes geel like not playing but a day or two later adom draws me back and i'm always glad it does

keep playiny
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5770 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 17:37 (GMT -5)

Yes, keep playing. It took me a year to beat the game, and I got 2 wins in the same month:D Just pace yourself, and always take a time-out if you feel that you're getting cocky, tired, or feel perplexed by a problem, that's what the forums are for, unless you're some machismo guy:D
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5875 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 18:09 (GMT -5)

i've been playing for about 2 and half years and not got a win but i never give up.

i must admit if i played more sensibly i'd probably win.

i usually play by the rule of " see a monster, kill it before it kills me" and quite often i get out of my depth instead of backing away to think about how avoid it if its too tough
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5148 days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 at 04:24 (GMT -5)

Strength of atlas gives a very clear and unmissable warning when it's about to expire, so I've never had that death.

I have broken my leg while kicking the wall and died (character was wearing ring of weakness, mabye that's why he had to die). That put me off ADOM...for about an hour.
Portrait
Ilsekko
Registered user
Sick Burdened Stunned Confused

Last page view:

5971 days, 7 hours and 35 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 06:36 (GMT -5)

after more than a year of constant adoming, ive been playing on and off for a while before digging completely into the game again..its almost always like that, when i get a character i like to high levels(not SO high actually..around twenties) i use all my experience and make the best efforts to keep him alive, so it REALLY pisses me off when i die for REALLY stupid reasons and this keeps me away from the game for a while. Never too long anyway..
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5770 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 07:52 (GMT -5)

I haven't played for about a week and a half lately, hangin with friends lately playing Airsoft and Halo 2. I think I might play again some more, probably a trollish wizard again....
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5610 days, 1 hour, 43 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 at 01:33 (GMT -5)

I always get the carrying talents and keep my inventory clean and practical, so even if I'm using strength of atlas and it runs out, I'll be overburdened instead of dead.

Yes, Adom is fiendish. Every single turn, there are a hundred possible ways to die instantly. And when you're in danger, you have to correctly choose the one life-saving option out of a thousand choices.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: