Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / H8 breeders, h8 green worms.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5491 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 20:04 (GMT -5)

Aaarrrgh. PC:6 got there in time but puppy was killed at the edge of the vault. Vault was mixed. Uh oh. Oh wait, Lawful altar, yay! Vault contained green and white worms. Sac some of vault. Later, green worm hits me for ~20 points of damage/turn not counting my 9 points of PV. He was lvl 9.

This is my second char lost to the Ub3r GrEeN wOrMs Of DeAtH. Other char lost to a big room green worm which hit me for ~100 points of damage/turn not counting PV (he was level 18+ I think).
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/6/2007 at 20:06 (GMT -5) by F50]
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5618 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 20:58 (GMT -5)

Wow, that's brutal. I never seem to run into big groups of breeders; maybe I'm good at finding them sooner, maybe I'm just lucky.

You can actually pray for breeder sterilization, I believe. I'm not sure how much piety it takes. Scrolls of vermin control are also useful, but rare.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5779 days, 53 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 06:28 (GMT -5)

I've never remembered to pray for vermin control, because I just use doors to lock them, and they typically fight amongst themselves, sometimes exterminating themselves.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5491 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

How (rather, when) can you pray for vermin control?

The problem is that the worms *do* fight amongst themselves. If they didn't I wouldn't have *ever* encountered this problem. The few times that I have had to deal with battle bunnies I have never had to deal with this problem.

The "uberjackal effect" (mentioned in the guidebook) really should be renamed the "uberworm effect" as it happens more (and more deadly) with worms than jackals.

A simple test that could be done in the SMC with a scummed char with a stethoscope. How does worm (or other monster)level effect damage?
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5618 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

You probably need a high standing with your God to get vermin control, and that prayer is low on the prayer priorities, which means you need to have full hp, pp, not be hungry, not be wearing cursed items, etc., for the prayer to actually sterilize breeders.

Worms fight amongst themselves? I've noticed that among gremlins, but it's very rare. I think you might just be very unlucky.

I never suffer from the uberjackal effect, probably because I evade as many wilderness encounters as possible. The biggest problem I have related to that is the uber chaos servant effect. The best solution to that is to kill chaos wizards before they can summon anything.

I never sacrifice vault monsters to begin with, as they're much more likely to drop items than other monsters. Besides, spending the turns to lead monsters to an altar could be giving worms more time to breed. Or do you still get vault items when sacrificing vault monsters? I don't know how that works.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: