Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Hostile White Unicorn

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

5603 days, 19 hours, 54 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 15, 2007 at 22:46 (GMT -5)

Well, my current character is chaotic, and just entered the white unicorn's glade. I accidentally walked into him - and attacked him! This shows the unicorn had to be hostile to some degree from the beginning. He's probably immune to calm monster, unless I need some absurd effectivity in it. Would he calm down if I changed alignment, or am I completely blocked off from unicorn quests?

Edit: Okay, I read the guidebook, and apparently hostility at chaotics is commonplace. That's news to me; funny how Adom never stops surprising you.

Edit #2: I returned to the glade as a neutral, and he still attacks me. I was kind of hoping that would work. As long as he's hostile, I can't get his quest so I can't talk to the black unicorn. Oh well, I can handle several bad things per game, but I was really looking forward to those PoGA.
The following is a real Adom message:

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/15/2007 at 23:04 (GMT -5) by Some guy]
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

I'm still hoping I can get him to calm down. Does anyone have any ideas?

The homunculus hits you. You suddenly fall asleep! Do you want to continue to read the spellbook of Calm Monster? [y/N]
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4150 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

calm monster spell
berzio potions
music
getting him injured with your pet and healing him

googling up more solutions (could not stop from writing this one.)

p.s. being lawfull might help too. what stupid animal loves lawfull chars.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Have you tried talking with him? He might still give the quest (not likely, but worth a shot).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Some guy
Registered user
I'm baaaack.

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 17:22 (GMT -5)

Indeed, I tried a lot of talking. He just gives his noble war cry. I don't think unicorns can be affected by music, especially not greater unicorns; they're more sentient, like dragons.

Being lawful might help too, true. That reminded me: a friend of mine once said that the white unicorn kept turning non-hostile on him when he fought it, and he always played lawful.

Berzio potions! You know, I've never tried using them. Can they tame anything or just animals? I'll have to keep that in mind for next time, because this character is already an avatar of balance - I got impatient. But thanks for suggestions!

Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4150 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2007 at 21:17 (GMT -5)

berzio potions do not tame. it is very short time effect. jus one, two steps away from some cat in best.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
**Chaos Muffin
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

You have to get yourself to any form of lawful (l ln nl) then he calms down again.
at least, thats how i think it goes.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 21 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

Black and white unicorns can be tamed with music, but I severaly doubt the greater two are susceptible to this.

As for it being non-hostile to lawfuls, the only time I killed the greater white unicorn was with a L+ character, and he never fought back. Made me feel horrible for killing it :(
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: