Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / White Unicorn War Party

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1445 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 12:21 (GMT -5)

Hello all,

I was doing a bit of tourism with my lvl 24 trollish assasin when suddenly several white unicorns wanted to "join me in my war". I went from the Old Barbarian's Glade to Terinyo and back again and on that route I picked up three white unicorns.

Does these white unicorns have any anything special to do or are they just really keen to be working with a top-of-the-pops tourist?

B.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3902 days, 13 hours, 16 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

I'm guessing you have been deep in the ID and seen some white unicorns there, that's why they have joined you.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1445 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 06:31 (GMT -5)

Aah, that might well be. I haven't seen any white unicorns in the ID, but I beheaded a black one. (Is there some sort of twisted moral here? Kill a black one and all the white ones join you..)
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 07:52 (GMT -5)

nope, I don't think so, but nonhostile monsters found in the ID can appear in the wilderness and want to join your party
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Nightmare
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 13:06 (GMT -5)

I'd be really careful about that, never know if they might turn on you. A trap, an errant spell or missile... and you've got 3 white unicorns all stomping you.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3603 days, 17 hours, 22 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 13:16 (GMT -5)

Nothing a lv24 troll can't handle :)
For the Horde!
Nightmare
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

Better be a godly lvl 24 troll. What class may I ask? Any good equipment?

I know those unicorns can lay the smack down with multiple attacks, many of them critical hits, and teleportation, not to mention significant DV/PV. Then if you do beat them, say bye bye to your L or N alignment, you may even lose your champion status. One of the things I hate about this game, it doesn't take into account if cats or lawful creatures attack you first, you're still the bad guy for fighting back against them.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 14:06 (GMT -5)

I killed black unicorns easily with my ex-lv 16 trol l assassin. He had crappy equipment, some mithril platemail, a spear without prefix/suffix and a shield.
Black unicorns can't be much harder to kill than white unicorns, right?
For the Horde!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/17/2007 at 14:08 (GMT -5) by Mewto]
Nightmare
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

I've had strong characters struggle against unicorns. Are there Greater Unicorns? Maybe that is what I'm thinking of. I suppose in comparison regular ones aren't that bad. I'm thinking the danger level I encountered them on was higher than the one you did.

And don't forget, the alignment drop is significant. I had a lawful character who was crowned become a fallen champion after killing a white Unicorn. I think some monsters have a higher value to the + or - you receive to your alignment from killing them.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4243 days, 15 hours and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 10:30 (GMT -5)

There's only the individual two greater unicorns. Normal black unicorns are quite tough in the mid-game - I can only assume Mewto got lucky or was immenseley powerful.

And yeah, killing white unicorns gives a giant drop to alignment.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

I don't think I was that powerful, since I died shortly after to some kind of mimic, but !of invisibility + 100 backstabbing + 100 Find Weakness probably did the trick. There must have been an alignment drop, but I didn't notice it. I use the Sheriff's amulet a lot, since I usually play N and Pick Pocket a lot.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 15:54 (GMT -5)

Even very powerful characters without paralysis resistance can die to a mimic
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 16:37 (GMT -5)

I don't usually die by them, as I often try to use spells or missiles on them, when I'm tired though, I usually try to melee. I think I'll only win ADOM if I start playing two hours after breakfast and stop for that day.
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: