Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Weird pool drinking experience

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

JerkyTreat
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 22:32 (GMT -5)

Admittedly, I've been cheating with save scumming or whatever you call it and drinking at a pool the same color of my eyes...I've done this literally a million times...I got a weird message and I wonder if any of you know anything about it...it said "What do you want to remember?" I typed wealth (what I had been wishing for) and it said you don't know anything about that....I didn't see this effect mentioned in the ADOM guide either...anyone got any ideas what it means and how it figures in the game?
JerkyTreat
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 22:34 (GMT -5)

oh duh...must have hit &...monster recall
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 00:37 (GMT -5)

Probably :)
For the Horde!
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5869 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

I had that message on the weekend too

each time it said what do want to remember and i typed something it said you do not know anything about that

it wasnt monster recall though
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
gravel
Registered user
if i'm not ADOMing i'm working

Last page view:

5869 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

I'm pretty sure i was drinking pools too
The stone giant runs away in fear. Who ever heard of a stone being scared of gravel?
Z
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

I am for the & hypothesis, as it never happened to me.

But the next time you could try to enter a name of a monster you do or don't know. (Maybe it is a way to get knowledge about an unknown monster? But it would have no sense.) Or "a voice from your past calling you Iceberg".
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5142 days, 2 hours, 28 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

I always use & to keep track of my first kill. I used to rename my character, but that led to my highscore list(or Deathlist) getting filled up with GobRock and Orckiller and Larbatty and Muggy and their friends.

If I wish to use & for its real use (recall monster memory on stuff I cannot (l)ook at), I can always reset it back to bandit or whatever I killed right after.
SirMason
Registered user
Paladin of the Shining Citadel

Last page view:

4745 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 17:30 (GMT -5)

Wait. Does something special happen when you drink from a pool of your PC's eye color?
You pick up the Wand of Do Nothing.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
The Wand of Do Nothing misses the kestral. Come on, it's a Wand of Do Nothing!
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5476 days, 11 hours, 59 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

I usually just rename like "Thurgin (gb)" (Goblin Bane or GoBlin) or "Thurgin (lb)" (Large Bat)
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5764 days, 10 hours, 29 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

I do what Molach does, I don't even need monster memory anymore anyways.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 20 hours, 34 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 06:13 (GMT -5)

SirMason: There's a general idea that drinking from a pool with the same colour as your characters eyes is somehow more lucky. Personally I think that's nonsense.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
JerkyTreat
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 22:06 (GMT -5)

I'm a little surprised about your responses...I thought I'd be condemned for my cheating...was afraid to check the forum for the last day.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 02:54 (GMT -5)

I guess most of us have done it at some point, so I can't blame you. I know I did it and I absolutely hate doing it now... I've gotten closer to winning the game without save scumming, though, with the other char I used to melee molochs when I had spells, all sort of reckless actions. I'm far happier when playing ADOM with a normal char.
For the Horde!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 20 hours, 34 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

JerkyTreat: You only get condemned if you try to justify it or treat it as normal play. You're admitting it's cheating and so that's okay. One day when you're more experienced with the game you'll not need such crutches and you'll be able to enjoy the game a little more.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: