Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Can I play after a normal end?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Mike V.
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2007 at 22:35 (GMT -5)

I finally finished this game. Usually I get bored or get stuck with a dead end character. But now after completing a normal victory by handling the levers, how can I get back to the surface to continue to play?
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 00:43 (GMT -5)

If you have handled the levers properly, then the staircase that led down to this level should reverse and allow you to head back up.
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1445 days, 19 hours, 23 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 00:43 (GMT -5)

I was actually in the exact same situation as you yesterday, and I just used the same method as I did when descending. On another note; how do you go about obtaining that girdle on the last level?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5617 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 00:47 (GMT -5)

Once you have handled the levers and return to D48 the stairs will once again turn to stairs up and you can exit normally. Now that the background corruption is stopped in all but some select places there is effectively no time limit in playing (except for the char's lifespan) and you can e.g. raise the char's all stats to maximum, develop the char to some terminator that makes even ancient dragons and greater molochs cry for mommy or whatever takes your fancy. That's how I did my Archmage-victories, anyway.
Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 00:58 (GMT -5)

Achieving the Platinum Girdle seems to be a very buggy issue in the game. Although I have never achieved it myself, apparently it can only be done by playing the game with a character who never commits a chaotic act (e.g. kill a lawful being).

As difficult as this alone is (especially since it is not always imemdiately obvious which acts are chaotic and which aren't), apparently there is a bug in the game whereby the player is effectively held responsible for *any* chaotic act (e.g. if a random monster killed a lawful being). Thus, running into a pack of blink dogs on a dangerous level is really bad news . . .

To put the difficult of achieving the Platinum Girdle into perspective, I have seen more legitimate Eternium Man victory posts than victory posts where the player achieved the Platinum Girdle.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: