Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Comparing two rings.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

SirMason
Registered user
Paladin of the Shining Citadel

Last page view:

4749 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

Which is a better deal: a ring of slaying (+9, +6) or the Ring of the Master Cat? I already have the the lucky/fate smiles and see invisible intrinsics. Is the added Dx, speed and critical hit possibility of the Cat Ring worth more than the damage bonuses of the ring of slaying?

I can't wear both because I need my ring of elemental mastery.
You pick up the Wand of Do Nothing.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
The Wand of Do Nothing misses the kestral. Come on, it's a Wand of Do Nothing!
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3603 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 14:59 (GMT -5)

I'd go for the Ring of the Master Cat. I mean come one, you didn't deny yourself the pleasure of slaughtering cats for nothing, did you? And the Dex bonus and critical hits chance is nice.
For the Horde!
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4603 days, 5 hours, 17 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 at 15:23 (GMT -5)

It depends on what your character is doing.

1. Is your character dual wielding? DW to hit numbers relies in part upon your Dexterity, especially when wielding whips. Some weapons may rely on dex more than others too, not sure on that.

2. Does your character make frequent use of missile weapons? Dexterity affects the to hit and to damage bonuses like str affects to hit and damage for melee weapons. So the Dex from the RotMC can be huge. Dexterity also influences your chance of getting critical hits with missile weapons, IIRC.

3. The extra critical hits you get can far surpass the +9 or +6 damage from the ring of slaying. Critical hits are double damage, IIRC. Couple the critical hit bonus from the RotMC with the Find Weakness skill and you'll be scoring critical hits very often. I'd estimate about 20-25% of the time.

I'd say, wear both RotMC and Ring of Slaying, and put on the RoEM when you're fighting things that use elemental attacks.

"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
SirMason
Registered user
Paladin of the Shining Citadel

Last page view:

4749 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 at 14:35 (GMT -5)

Thanks, I probably should just wear both because a RoEM won't help against the black dragon vault I'm trying to clear. The ancient ones are killers.

I use arrows a lot, but I don't want them or my bow to get dissolved by the acid flung by the dragons. I'm using Wyrmlance.
You pick up the Wand of Do Nothing.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
The Wand of Do Nothing misses the kestral. Come on, it's a Wand of Do Nothing!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/8/2007 at 14:36 (GMT -5) by SirMason]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4243 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 at 01:27 (GMT -5)

No ring is comparable to that of the master cat. the dex bonus is very good, and Crit bonus is amazing, and the luck and fate smiles stack somewhat.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
nevered
Registered user

Last page view:

6111 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 at 17:32 (GMT -5)

how corrupted are you?

i had a dwarven paladin whose dexterity and appearance would have been negative, if that were possible.

if you're walking around with 1 dexterity, use the cat ring.

actually, just use the cat ring in any case.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: