Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / How to make a gremlin bomb?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

DryBread
Registered user
Adom Adept (AA)

Last page view:

6106 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

Yeah i know, probably an over-discussed thread but the search function is not really nice on this forum :P
So short story, I need an AoLS and I don't mind using the little dirty trick I read about. My only question is how? I know you need fluff ball and water, but do you dip a ball in a potion of water? Activate a water trap while having the fluff in your inventory?
any answer would be apreciate as long as better way to obtain an AoLS, I'm not really wanting to create a wish engine but if I managage to get the stuff I need I might give it a try ^^.

Thanks in advance.
**ChaOs
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 at 05:07 (GMT -5)

Danger level plays a part, i usually do it in the TotHking, or the Dwarven Halls.

Dipping the fluff ball in water works, then you need a couple of water traps (wand of trap creation)

It helps to do this in a locked room and hallway.

######+####
#.........#
#IIII.....######
#..^.I..I./@...+
#.^I.II...######
#II....II.#
#..I......#
###########

This is primetime to train up weapon skills and non destructive magic, train up two weapon combat and missile weapons.

Stay in the doorway to fight one at a time, after around 3000-3500 it becomes deadly to keep fighting (also gremlins cant see invisibilty)
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5142 days, 19 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 16:42 (GMT -5)

Corollary to what is said above:
After 3000 they start hitting hard, so it depends how tough you are. But they dont see invis, so you can safely bolt-spell them indefinately. (If you fear running out of spells, you can just book-cast). Magic missile does not kill stuff on the ground, but if you are just looking for djinni rings they should survive just about anything you can cast on them.

Another thing, you can safely pickpocket them before you kill them (you should do this, even more so if you are looking for djinni rings). A lot of good stuff you might want is pickpocketable (scrolls, potions, RINGs, amulets) and therefore probably has a greater chance of being generated on pickpocketing.

I tend to do it in DH:2 myself. It *IS* corrupting, but I get enough chaos removal stuff to just about break even. Or even do slightly better. And the stuff I get enables me to finish the game a lot more swiftly and smoothly and uncorrupting. For the patient player it is probably better to do it in D:9, a non-corrupting area, but that would rule out the powerful armor/weapons.

It is possible to do it in the surface level of graveyard, using the "hole in the ground + blanket => trap" thing.

It is also possible to destroy the gremlins without increasing your kill count. You could use a pet (Don't think of that when you already have killed 4000 of them...), you could use alarm traps and let them kill themselves. You could even use drowning (does ToEF-burning work? never heard of or tried that) but then they will not drop stuff, and you have to pickpocket them to gain anything (you do, however, save some zaps from your wand of trap creation because water traps are certainly not needed in the water cave)
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

6030 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 22:21 (GMT -5)

I would recommend gremlin scummung on the upper level of the dwarven graveyard. It is corruption free, non monster spawning, and has a danger lvl of 20 I believe. Enough to get all the good stuff.

To make a water trap there, dig a hole and cover it with any type of blanket.
Snwo aval ten
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

So what is the best place to get RoDS? Upper level of the Dwarven Graveyard? D8? D9?
For the Horde!
Portrait
adomist
Registered user
Noob

Last page view:

957 days, 17 hours, 48 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

I didn't get any RoDS's in D8, but when i moved my item factory to D9, they dropped 2 or 3 RoDS's and i managed to pick pocket one. But it could be pure coincidence.

I made them kill each other with alarm traps to keep my kill count low. Light traps were quite good too. :)
You steal a broken dagger! The orc misses you.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/5/2007 at 05:07 (GMT -5) by adomist]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: