Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / Guild

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

6030 days, 15 hours, 40 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 21:11 (GMT -5)

This little gem, although by no means as in-depth as other roguelikes eg adom, has a very interesting party system which leads to some very intense battles. The main feature is that you start off with 4 characters instead of one.

I like it a lot so I just thought I should post it here, as it is not well known.

Link: http://www.guildgame.com/index.htm
Snwo aval ten
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5828 days, 3 hours, 15 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 05:15 (GMT -5)

No.

That is, www.guildgame.com does NOT seem to have a link to DL the thing, except for one that is totally broken. So... ehm... I can't play :(
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 15:43 (GMT -5)

Hmm, it's the first link on the DL page. It only works for windows though...
Snwo aval ten
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 06:18 (GMT -5)

Nah, "Page not found, chump. Go download something else." That's what my browser says when I click on it. Well, not exactly, but... :D
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
Hendar23
Registered user

Last page view:

5657 days, 21 hours, 1 minute and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 08:04 (GMT -5)

Works for me, I just downloaded it.
"Men are born for games. Nothing else. Every child knows that play is nobler than work" - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 09:30 (GMT -5)

Yeah, works for me now too. But y'know, I swear that I didn't select the wrong one when I posted my previous comments. Must've been some temporary downtime. :O
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

Heh... I started playing it, it's fun, but my first game ended in failure :( Well, actually, I was careless, kinda, but being a beginner... I was basically ambushed by orcs and the escape route was blocked by giant rats. Only Saltus made it out and he was surprised by a carrion crawler's paralyzation :[ Well, I'll try once again. Does anyone else have some stories to share? :)

Oh, and also, the hell are tattered magical primers for? I tried giving them to Saltus but couldn't get him to do a thing with it. And the wizard in the town refused to look at it for some reason :O
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/24/2007 at 13:22 (GMT -5) by Battle bunny]
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 at 20:59 (GMT -5)

You read those to gain new spells using 'u'

And yeah, I had several games end in failure =/ In my first game, I lost 2 members (rogue and mage) as I was fleeing up the stairs from a wraith with its accursed fear attack. My second, I got cocky and dived the dangerous cave too deep and got owned by 2 ogres and a stone golem. The golem was massively out of depth I believe as I used my surviving mage, saltus to blast away at it at "mortally wounded" and it still didn't die. In my next game, I died early on the rat quest -.-. So now I wait until I have stinking cloud to complete it. In my current game, I lost my rogue on the 2nd quest, where I forgot I had sneak turned off. Eek. Later, my best warrior, Thrax, died as a wraith showed up immediately after a pretty large battle involving orcs and brigands. The other chars had already went up the stairs and couldn't save him.
Snwo aval ten
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 03:11 (GMT -5)

Yeah, I just discovered the "identify" command and tried using some.
Well, one of my most successful quests so far was when I was diving deep in that small cave (do the monsters get double your level there too when you wipe out the level's population? ...joking...), I met an ogre. He brought company as well, a band of orcs. We would have survived with one unconscious body, (Torlof my warrior was beyond help), but unfortunately the ogre struck last and he died. Meh. From that point the game was pretty much lost as I can never manage without a tank.

And to that rat quest, I have a question. How do you die there? I tried... and tried, and tried, but I always failed to die there. :O Just kill the enormous rat first.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
netlava
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

Lol, carelessness and low starting stats. I didn't really bother retreating when I knew the fight was hopeless since it was so early in the game.

I agree the game gets tougher as it goes on. My chars are lvl 3 and I'm having trouble finding XP, having to dive deeper and deeper in the dangerous cave.
Snwo aval ten
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

I have only got one level 3 character so far: my wizard Saltus once managed to get so far... in my last game, that is... but then again, another case where we couldn't advance because Ascia was the only other survivor, unconscious. (I had to leave the rest :( ) I almost had the gold to hire this level 2 warrior guy (then I would still have had hope) but that last dive killed me.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
Wiles
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 at 17:49 (GMT -5)

I have to say, this is a fun roguelike.
Thet Naing Htwe
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 at 12:06 (GMT -5)

Chit Lay

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: