Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Necromancy

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5842 days, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2002 at 23:21 (GMT -5)

Ok, what's the deal with necromancers? Are there any necromancer veterans out there?

I've got one at level 9 or so and create as many ghuls as i can. My mana is on 1 (started 22) and i can still create more. When i get the ability to raise wraiths and such for more mana will i not be able to do it?

Oh and does anyone know what levels you get the certain undeads?

Is it possible to create decently powered undead?... i know they adjust in power - but can u get them taking down molochs and orb guardians later in the game? In the guidebook there's talk about a quickling king taking down the arch-mage, but what a waste of a corpse.

Can you animate orb guardian corpses?

Necromancers seem to be powerful class even if you don't use necromancy. Spellcaster (no real probs reading books) with food preservation.

Speaking of companion-likes are scrolls of familiar summoning and necromancy permitted in the palace of andor drakon. Can a companion/slave take him down instead?

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 21 hours, 1 minute and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2002 at 23:58 (GMT -5)

IMHO the quickling king thing wasn't a waste of a corpse; once you get high-level and your speed is about 200 or so you'll have your slaves dragging behind you every step. The quickling is for the speed. but i guess you already knew that.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5675 days, 21 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2002 at 16:17 (GMT -5)

IMHO rings/amulets of speed should make companions/slaves faster. that would be scary, but kinda funny: a lvl 150+ zombie with ~500 speed or something... watch him take down Andy. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8050 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 at 03:18 (GMT -5)

i've summoned monsters in front of andor before. i've also wished for farmers and goodwives while drunk in front of him.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5842 days, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 at 03:50 (GMT -5)

Now i haven't tested this at all (i will do, but i've got a l13 hurthling thief wearing a AoLS that i'd like to finish first - with first kill = beggar), but i think in version 1 when monsters "adjust in power" they gain speed aswell... eg. that greater moloch that adjusted in power and had the same speed as i - killed my troll healer.

Can anyone confirm/deny this ?

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Jack
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2002 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

To:Dougy
Yeah, it's true.Greater moloch and moloch adjust in power. Luckily, my L50 dwarven priest (in the blue dragons Cave)managed to have boost speed potions in my inventory.And blast that "ass greater moloch" with demon slaying ammos.
Battle bunny
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

I often play necros, and my personal strategy is to train polearms or staves (of the high DV bonus), and summon ghuls+vampires+liches, and summon+kill liches for xp. Maybe not the best strategy, but what do you think?

Can I survive with this strategy?
Yes  No
Check results

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: