Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / most stupid death ever,or not?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gihla
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 at 17:23 (GMT -5)

I think this is most stupid death, I ever made :)
I was lvl 27 gnomish wizard, and I wanted to identify my stuff in the dwarven town - altar. So i dropped everything unidentified, about 1/3 of my stuff, but suddenly something strange happen - there appearer lots of rats. So i was thinking, what the hell is going on. Maybe there is wererat there? ok, I said, better not to stand on the altar and clean the rats first. so i started with rats, but then after some rounds, Ruun stepped onto altar and picked up almost all my stuff! At this point i was starting to use some really not-polite words :)). So i was thinking what to do, and tried to pickpocket him. Stupid, I know :). He turned immediatelly hostile, so i was thinking ok, I'll go to another level and finish him. So i started walk to the stairs, with him following. But then I noticed there still some items lying on the altar, and there were still some rats and dwarwes around. So i decided to better pick it up, went to the altar and step onto it, and actually, first round didn't happen anything, but did some another action, don't remember what it was, maybe picking up the rest of the item, and this was actually my last action with this character, guess what happened :D.

On my defense I'll say it was after several intensive hours of play, so I was a bit tired mentally, you know :)
Gihla
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 at 17:24 (GMT -5)

(if it isn't clear 100%, sacrificed by Ruun, of course :)
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3602 days, 15 hours, 55 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 at 17:52 (GMT -5)

The rats happened to me when I changed alignment, IIRC. They're summoned by your previous god, I think, no wererat involved :)
For the Horde!
Gihla
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 at 18:24 (GMT -5)

Actually, I didn't change allignment, so it's strange. I was thinking about some statue-related stuff, but I'm not aware about any item that can produce rats upon drop. Still mystery to me, where these rats came from :)
Portrait
**cHAoTicChaOs**
Registered user
Chaotic Awesome

Last page view:

5991 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 08:20 (GMT -5)

Then maybe your god got mad at you? This usually happens when your alignment is slightly off..

As for mentally tired, i understand that totally..
.vultuous.
Zayl
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 12:35 (GMT -5)

Same thing happened to me but when I dropped items on an altar with another alignment =S
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 13 hours, 33 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

You must have switched alignment, otherwise Ruun could not have sacrificed you (only chaotics can sacrifice their own kind). The rats summoning happens when you piss off a neutral god by dropping items on their altar whilst you're a neutral altar (I think it can also happen if you're neutral but in very bad standing with your god).
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Gihla
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 10:30 (GMT -5)

yes, maybe I was other than neutral, don't remember it clearly, it was time ago... and it would explain the rats, great :)
Zayl
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 at 07:22 (GMT -5)

When the rat summoning happened to me I was in VERY good standing with my god but I didn't see that the altar was chaotic and that it was another god.
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4602 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 14:09 (GMT -5)

I have a few good ones. Had a great character, Trollish Monk, was better with melee weapons than with unarmed, amusingly. Had Scorched Spear and Executor, loads of other great stuff. Was taking out a Lesser Vault of mixed fire creatures. Get beat up dual wielding, lock a door and stop to rest and heal up. Deciding to be productive while I waited for HPs to return, I tried out my writing set. Attempted to make a Scroll of Chaos Resistance. Didn't know it would drain half my total HP, and I already had less than half. DEAD! In my death flag, it read "Soandso died from trying too hard to be a great writer." Haha, very funny.

Another one, even better. Chaotic character, in locked room with chaotic altar, saccing random stuff to gain piety, IDing, ect. Nothing visible in the room. Key word, visible. An Invisible Ogre Magus somehow got in there, teleportation trap, who knows. I'm standing on the altar, and suddenly, Poof, I'm burnt up in a cloud of smoke, game over.

"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: