Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Forum issues

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6369 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2002 at 22:31 (GMT -5)

Dunno if this has been mentioned somewhere else...

When I edit my account, when I take the link from "Your account have been updated," (which should be "...has been..."), I get an incorrect password error. When I try to refresh, IE will not give me the option to re-send the information. I just stays erroneous and I can't use my account. The only way to recover is to close the window and open it again.

I also think the logged in timeout is too short. By the time I finish typing my messages, I have to go back to Index and re-enter my password. I type quickly too.

Kudos on the avatar uploading feature. That's a big plus. :) I'm curious. Why is there a black border surrounding the avatar? I can't get it to blend into the background with that there.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/21/2002 at 22:33 (GMT -5) by Palagran]
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 days, 3 hours, 53 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

That error message is just cosmetic. You should be eable to use everyting just fine, though I guess I should fix it up so it doesn't apear and confuse people.

I thought 40 minutes would be enough to type a message (I recently increased it from the default 20). Have you considered checking the remember password box when you logg in? That takes care of the problem (for all intents and purposes that will keep you logged in forever (well for 32 years anyway), unless you choose to remove the cookie (or log in from a different computer)).

That black border is there because I put it there thinging it would look good. Guess it doesn't rely serve any purpose -- there it's gone.

Oh and I'll fix that typo too...

[Edit] Fixed all the problems you mentioned.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 1/22/2002 at 12:34 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
fgn
Registered user

Last page view:

8080 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 12:58 (GMT -5)

there's also another bug on the forum - At first my brother, Drake, who is unregistered user posted the message (spoilers, thread "stomaceptia"). Then I logged as fgn and I saw, that I can edit my brother's messages. Just look at: http://adom.brinkster.net/forum/messages.asp?thread=552&start=3989&page=1&tmp=4027

"wlazł kotek na płotek spadł na pysk
złamał se dwa żebra wypadł mu dysk"
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 days, 3 hours, 53 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

Hmm, yes. That's because his session, wich include his temporary user key, was still active when you logged in...

I'll make sure the loggin script delete any existing session before the new user session is created, that should fix this particular problem.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6369 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 22:12 (GMT -5)

Ah, great. Hail thee, wonderous administrator!
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7785 days, 11 hours, 1 minute and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2002 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

Most wonderous

I believe I was the one who reminded Jan to allow uploading avatars.

Thanx Jan

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: