Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Ultimate ratling

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

BM
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 at 03:16 (GMT -5)

Demented ratling for any eting artifact grove 10 levels. In quest he eat 6. I give him 42, and his stats was amaizing. I use on him blessed stethoscope... Level 421, hit points ~2371, DV ~730, PV 97 (he equip blue dragon scale mail DV -1 PV +13, why I drop moloch armor in old barbarian glade???:(() speed ~735 Deameg about ~250... I don't remeber exacly, but I forgot take note from home... Next I whished emperor moloch and observ how this the most dangerous monster killing greater molochs in one atack... Ahmmmm when he eat artifacts he spoke something like "ThUnKs BrUdAr!" Heh how nice;)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

7 hours, 59 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 at 13:00 (GMT -5)

Did you check how much exp you get for killing him then? :p

Guess the moral of the storry is to not over-feed the demented ratling if you plan on wiping out dwarftown :)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3759 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 at 17:00 (GMT -5)

Hey... Can you kill the ratling with a death ray? You could feed him all your useless artifacts, then get the free experience.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4700 days, 11 hours, 27 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 at 17:12 (GMT -5)

BM: How many artifacts did you feed him?! I didn't think 42 even existed in the game!

"BM" . . . Baron Moloch?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

My last (and only) win generated 37 artifacts. 42 sounds pretty plausible; the Guidebook lists 79.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5666 days, 5 hours, 9 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 00:39 (GMT -5)

dman i bet he'd be a terribly terribly scary creature if you managed to get all 79 generated and gave tehm all to him... use WADOMF to get death ray, make yourself lvl 1, give him 79 artifacts, and then ZZAAAPPP and i bet you'd be up to lvl 50 in a flash, easy.
oooh, imagine if it was possible to generate a demented ratling companion that would eat artifacts... that'd be a *far* better use of a golden gladius than to give it to whats-his-face (excuse my lack of memory, i'm pretty tired physically, mentally and emotionally... lack of sleep over last month or so coupled with my grandfather's funeral this weekend...)

ivan.sourceforge.net
BM
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 07:32 (GMT -5)

Ha oki I found this true image of ultimate ratling level 421 DV 286 PV 97 HP 2192 At 44 (terrible:))) Dam 146-152 speed 960...

And Erik powerfull ratling is usefull for PC, when you fight with dwarfs in dwarftown ( quest dwarven artifisher killing ancient dwarven), than ratling help you.

Death ray killing him easlle:))) But I don't know how many exp was for him, I was 50 lev necro when I made that craze experiment;)

Caladriel you are realy close.. BM = Baron Marcus

And the last in ChAoS necromancer can animate corpses:))) I animate 4 lichess, Andor Drakon was confused by them and I have some problems with following for confused Andor Drakon:)
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5833 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 01:16 (GMT -5)

hrmmm from testage giving the ratling lots of artifacts, your much better off wishing for ancient karmic wyrm and death raying it.

the problem is actually giving him those artifacts, when he has such an enormous speed. And you have to give each item individually, 8 swords of nonnak doesn't work.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
BM
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 04:18 (GMT -5)

8 swords of nonnak??? Hmmmmmm adom trainer? Nevermeind. Ratling ate chaos trinity and red rooster, but didn't accept orbs. He droped it. And why lose wishes for ancient karmic wyrms.... Better method to find artifacts is Blue dragons cave in unreal level. There are a lots of ancient blue dragons, and a lots of stuff. Only risk is crash game when some monster pick up items. But I always have auto pickup on oll items:) When I'm streined on strengh of atlas, I'm going down where was Srraxxarrakex. Than blessed scroll of identify and drop trash. And recaicling:)
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5768 days, 22 hours, 41 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 04:26 (GMT -5)

Re attempting to feed orbs to the ratling: has anyone ever tried sacrificing an orb, and if so what happened? I was just wondering whether it's possible to render the game completely unwinnable without dying.
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7314 days, 15 hours, 16 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 09:10 (GMT -5)

Nope, you can't sacrifice the orbs. I tried, and the god said "You will need this. Keep it."

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.
BM
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

Chaotics god said You better serving me if you use orbs not sacriface... something like that
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 15 hours, 8 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 15:16 (GMT -5)

Why dont you just wish for emperoe moloch.Easy was to gain xp.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 16:18 (GMT -5)

Easy way to waste a wish too :)
Die Gedanken sind Frei
BM
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 17:47 (GMT -5)

If you have deamon slaying ammo/weapon or phase daggers why not, but I usualy wish for scrolls of chaos resistance... And last but non least ancient blue dargon gives you +1 Dex. Fast way to gained all atributes, and lots of stuff, greater moloch can give you moloch armor, it's usseles
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5833 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 21:58 (GMT -5)

Personally i think wishing for scrolls of chaos resistance is a waste of a wish... how many wins have there been when there haven't been enough scrolls of chaos resistance? In fact i finished a game the other day only using 1 potion of cure corruption the whole game. Unicorn fixed the rest.

Spoiler

Emperor moloch wish is incredibly dangerous. When they start adjusting in power they gain your speed. And the experiance isn't that great for those ppl who need it.

Also what bothers me is when ppl wish for red dragon scale mail, rings of elemental mastery, crowns of fire and rings of ice. There is 2 guaranteed artifacts that grant fire resistance in the game, available to every char without restriction. Eat a fire beetle (or greater) corpse and you take no damage. Why wish for rings of ice when you can remove ur good eq... wear ur second best eq and stuff that wont burn, then you leave with a wish. Also that equipment is only seriously used once, and it's not like you're ganna spend ages in there.

Corruption prevention equipment is more important in my opinion. Stuff that will cause you to spend less time going through corrupting dungeons. Girdles of giant strength that'll make you do more damage and carry more equipment so you can make less trips. Ammo of <foo> slaying for the mana temple and air temple. Seven league bootss. Wands of death (great wyrms, ancient karmic wyrm, keriax, cat lord, doppelganger kings, werewolf kings, giant dragon turtle).

Oh i used backing up the temp files to save the artifacts on a level. And reloaded them over and over.

And i assume if you're ganna spend time scumming the blue dragons that just a few wishes would come out by the time you've generated the number of artifacts you want. It definately is harder to get random artifacts the more that has loaded.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/30/2002 at 22:00 (GMT -5) by Dougy]
BM
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 09:39 (GMT -5)

Corruptions are not bad, some are very usefull, scrolls of chaos resistance and potions of cure corruption help me make list of goods corruptions and removing bad. Unicorns are only last hope when I penetraite a Infinity dungeon (last I was on 200 level, realy hot corruption level) or eating corpses keriax (11 corruptions efects) and Nuurag Vaarn (only 7 corruptions efects). Great power and corruption... but why not. Keriax is good soursses of corruption when you entry to planet chaos... A realy good pc is with "brother returning" omen.... It's very cute... More shops, more special rooms, more altars, more volts: level 43 chaos dungeon great volt with lots of giants and 3 artifacts, level 44 and there was another great volt with 2 artifacts and a lots of unded with 22 emperor lichess (darkness roolez). That pc has a great luck.
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 15:38 (GMT -5)

I don't want to sound stupid or anything, but the blue dragon caves have been mentioned a lot, but I can't find them anywhere; where are they?

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

7 hours, 59 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

Deeeep down in the COC there is a branch (two down stairs), one lead to the dragon caves...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7780 days, 15 hours, 8 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 05:04 (GMT -5)

Come on Jan.You can be more spoily than that.

Spoiler

The branch leads to the unreal cave system.You'll find Sharad-Waador(did i spell that right?) next to the down staircase on lvl 4.The staircase leads to the blue dragon caves.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

Thanks, guys

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: