Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / The Black Tome of Alsophocus

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

7319 days, 7 hours, 27 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 09:16 (GMT -5)

I'm doing this by request, since someone (I won't say who; (s)he can post if they want credit. I've taken over admin of the Tome, but I'm still running into problems updating the site itself. I can post news, but since I'm behind a firewall here, my ftps not working. Anyway, the request was to put up the URL to Stas's site aka. the Tome. So here it is:
http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~adom/index.php

Remember - You have to copy and paste, not actually click on the link. In fact, you have to copy and paste, since I've edited the message until I got the complete URL. So enjoy!
---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Less twitch, more mental itch - saying by me.

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 1/30/2002 at 09:21 (GMT -5) by HicPotboy]
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7659 days, 5 hours and 22 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 02:11 (GMT -5)

um, I'm thinking: my friend got the site:
http://www.thack.org

okay, okay, it's about NetHack, but he has offered me FREE directory with full support to CGI, PHP, C++, etc etc... maybe we schould (yes, Jan, I just love that german accent ;))))) move the site there?

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 09:23 (GMT -5)

Like I said, I'm having FTP problems. If you can transfer the site to there, my problems schould (yes, I know I shouldn't make fun of it, but it sounds better than should) be fixed. I have a firewall here and for some reason it's not letting me access the site itself through any type of FTP.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 00:58 (GMT -5)

are you doing this site from work? ;) or what? I've never used firewall, can you "shut it down" for some time? why to use firewall at all (yes, I've never been afraid of viruses and I haven't got even one yet ;)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 09:11 (GMT -5)

The only place I have Internet is work. But my work involves making web pages. We are behind a firewall, and if I ask how to turn it off, someone will get suspicious.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 08, 2002 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

so you can't use FTP *at all*??

Lord of The Rings

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 08, 2002 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

I can, but for some reason spaceports has some sort of protection (or it's us; I don't know) But when I try to connect through FTP, it gives me a data error. I read the FAQ on FTP, and followed it's instructions, but it needs firewall info if you have one (and we have one). I'm assuming the problem is with spaceports, since every other ftp site I try works just fine.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2002 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

yes, it's spaceports...

don't worry, I think I'll get the directory on http://www.thack.org soon... then - no banners, full php, C++ etc support... :)))

Lord of The Rings

HicPotboy
Registered user
Web-dude

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 11, 2002 at 09:25 (GMT -5)

great! Let me know once it's done.

---
Hicpotboy
------
Hicpotboy
---------

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: