Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / PC Custom Art? Lo tiene...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
SirMason
Registered user
Paladin of the Shining Citadel

Last page view:

4751 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 at 17:06 (GMT -5)

Ever wanted a picture of your HE Archer, Dwarvish Priest or Drakish Monk? Well, now you got it!

I am offering to draw custom fan art of anyone's Adom PC. This is entirely FREE. The images will be scanned and emailed to whoever requested it, or they'll simply go on this thread as long as they don't suck up bandwidth. Basically I'm bored and I want to hone my sketching/drawing skills.

So if you're interested, simply reply to this topic or email me at mason_smith14@yahoo.com . Make sure to include the following:

1. Gender, race, alignment, profession and name of the PC
2. All WORN equipment.
3. Anything on the "B" (PC background) screen that you think would be important.
4. Any special feats or accomplishments that the PC has undertaken (not just those that are recorded at the endgame) that might determine the personality of the PC
5. Companions/pets. Limit 2-3 per character (or I don't know...it might just depend on how I'm feeling)
6. Corruptions/intrinsics, if you want them shown.
7. Any stats (like strength, appearence, learning etc.) that you want me to take note of.

A few important factors to consider.

- Requests for any PC wearing a cloak/ring of invisibility will be returned as a blank piece of paper.
- Absolutely no nudity. In other words, your request for a female HE archer wearing only bracers of regeneration will be rejected.
- Drawings take about 2-3 hours of intensive work, so don't get impatient.
- Inspiration might take a long time to happen.
- I like to have variety, so I might draw the same artifact/race/item/companion differently in different drawings.
- I get to keep the original drawing.

Here is Razeus, the DE Assassin. This is about how the fan art would look as far as quality and size, etc. If you want the original scan (very large file size) please specify. Obviously I'm no D&D artist; I don't work with color, and as you can see there is no shading, but it's free, right? There's no downside here.

I think that's it. I'll be working on getting a geocites running soon, so I hope I'm not stepping over any boundaries with this thread here. Hopefully this could get people more excited about ADOM fan art.
You pick up the Wand of Do Nothing.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
The Wand of Do Nothing misses the kestral. Come on, it's a Wand of Do Nothing!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/6/2008 at 17:30 (GMT -5) by SirMason]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 at 00:06 (GMT -5)

Wow! Cool picture - I like how the mummy wrapping comes over his face in a ninja style.

Can't resist going for this offer... My first win was with a grey elven bard called Tarindil. He became an ordinary Chaos God, killing Andor Drakon whilst wearing Purifier, the shield of raw steel, Preserver, bracers of war and a long bow of accuracy with demon slaying arrows, along with lots of heavily smithed nice stuff. Stats were all through the roof, but I generally imagined him as incredibly haughty. Didn't picture him so much as evil but rather very self-centred and after power at any cost. A picture should probably include some instruments about his person (though no pets - no time for such weaklings). You might want to check out the little story bit of Andy's death in the above link to get a feel for the character, but anything you can make of him would be great!

As an... additional challenge... before the above winner I had a character turn into a chaos wretch in Andy's palace by killing him without wielding the trident (it was in my pack - otherwise would have gotten a ULE). The flg reads "Seria, the high elven priest, transformed into a miserable and wretched chaos servant (after saving her world)." On her actual death the game messages were something along the lines of "The Elder Chaos God is slain, and suddenly his energies are released from his bodies. The chaotic force push towards you. You try to resist... but are unable! The chaotic energies overwhelm you, and you are turned into a pathetic being of chaos, doomed to live your life in misery on the chaos plane. Luckily you are relieved from this shortly afterwards as some Chaos monstrosity devours you." I'd be very interested to see what you could make of that, though obviously it's a litle harder than a standard character portrait.

Cool idea you've got here - I'm sure the results wil be great.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5058 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 at 02:15 (GMT -5)

That's a rocking picture you've got there to be sure. I've got to get this done!

Well, since I'm currently Archmaging my dude, it's going to have to be him. Name of Bakura, a Dark Elven Wizard. Wearing Crown of Leadership, Amulet of Life Saving, Robes of power, Girdle of Giant Strength, Cloak of protection, wielding the Trident of the Red Rooster, two bracers of regen, elemental gauntlets, boots of sneakiness, with a long bow of accuracy, arrows and a holy symbol.

Stats are: Well, 99 in all things right now, but depicting that would make him look weird. Especially when he's cast the spell god knows how many times and everything is 1. I imagine him being pretty suave, with eyes that say 'If you look at me the wrong way, I'm either going to shove this sharp stick up your ass, or blast you into oblivion. Yet he's got this thing going where he just has to rattle people up. He is L+, but lets just say, he doesn't always play by the rules. There's an air of mystery around him, as though he might not be what people seem.

Oh yes, and he's corrupted. Faster healing and mana absorption.

Hope that's enough for you. I think it's a great idea you've got going here. Hopefully eveyone else will take you up on it.

Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4962 days, 19 hours, 24 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

How about a female dark elven weaponsmith, who died of old age completely surrounded by Ghost Kings, who has just been claimed by the Reaper, wearing fairly standard looking but much smithed elven chain mail, wielding a rust-proof orcish spear of devastation and a medium sized crystal shield, and lots of other iron mongery?

<sigh> stupid dwarven halls, stupid tension rooms you thought you could avoid but which turn out to be a/ huge and b/ full of monsters which pass through walls </sigh>

Having an elf aged to death is just sad. Still, the messages you get at the end are pretty interesting - in my last turn before I actually died, I checked my 'B'ackground, and in the my age classification, it actually already said 'Dead'. And seeing Death turn up with his scythe is always nice - I suppose I should be grateful my PC was buff enough to not run out of HP before she ran out of years.

Anyway, it might make an intersting, if not particularly attractive, change to commemorate her highly promising start to the game with some art.

Asking for a pic of a live character somehow seems scummy, considering almost all my PC's croak eventually.
SirMason
Registered user

Last page view:

4751 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2008 at 09:42 (GMT -5)

DG, I have finished with Tarindil.

All went well except that I forgot to add runes covering Purifier. Too lazy to re-scan. If you want the larger image (before I resized it and added the text) just email me.
...and PeanutGod, I finished Bakura this morning. Enjoy.

Great, I'll start working on these right away. Try to be as specific as possible and give me as much information as you can. For example, if I were requesting a portrait of Razeus...

1) Razeus, N= male DE assassin.
2) metal cap, ankh, ancient mummy wrapping, mithril girdle, cloak of defense, serpent's bite, orcish dagger of penetration, rings of damage/luck, bracers of defense, elemental gauntlets, 7LB, thrown daggers.
3) Didn't have any "B" information that I thought would matter
4) A loner, ruthless and calculating. Does good only when it's convenient, does not believe in evil. Shunned by his spider-worshipping kin when he forsook Lol'th. Was attacked by a Lol'thian princess and her minions for his treason.
5) No companions.
6) Didn't want corruptions shown.
7) Didn't care about stats.

A format like that would make things a lot easier. The more information you give me, the more interesting the fan art will be! :D Thanks!
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/6/2008 at 09:30 (GMT -5) by SirMason]
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5856 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 09:37 (GMT -5)

Cough cough well not a winner character but if you find some time to draw it:

1. Folia : Female High elf priest L+
2. Long Bow + An Axe + Tower Shield + Elven Chain armor + hooded cloak + Glockenspiel + blessed stethoscope (around the neck?)
3. Music lover and loving pets
4. Set up an open zoo in Terinyo, the tiny girl and her puppy totally enjoy it. A total success according to the town crowd wandering around it! :-p Has taken the north west house as her home.
5. Pet 1 : Lightning lizard : A little mad and wild and constantly breathing lightnings. Pet 2 : Cave Tiger : Looks nasty, many scars. Pet 3 (option if 3 pets can fit): Cave bear or Giant Ant Queen, what you prefer.
6. None
7. CH 20 AP 20

:-D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

Yikes, really nice pic there SirMason. I wasn't expecting anything half as cool for Tarindil! I like all the horn details on the armour, and Purifier looks very nice. He really looks like a potential Chaos God :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 6 hours, 48 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

Great pics, even better than the first one IMO.

NO MORE ELVES, someone request something else for a change :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5397 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 05:42 (GMT -5)

Hehe... Maybe my first winner then, this one might sound pretty dumb looking but whatever :D

1.Thawyr: Male Dwarven ranger L+
2.Helm of mental stability, Ankh, Adamantium chainmail, light cloak, Dualwielding the artifact spears Bugbiter&Scorched spear, Rings of High kings & Slaying
3.Nothing special
4.Polearms grandmastery, didnt use lot of ranged weapons, melee'ed the chaos arch mage.
5.No companions
6.Nothing
7.Not so great stats but far more strenght than anything else.

It would be great if you would draw this one.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
SirMason
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 at 20:04 (GMT -5)

Doalag, I just finished with Folia:

I learned what a glockenspiel was. It was difficult drawing the animals. Maybe the cave tiger looks too cute. Oh well. Enjoy.
And Subconcious, here is Thawyr:

Very interesting. This guy melee'd the chaos archmage? What a feat! My only win had to get his Great Karmic Wyrm to do the dirty work. Hope you like it.
vogonpoet, I'm still commited to drawing your DE weaponsmith, It just doesn't feel right at the moment until I get better at drawing horrifically old women.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/2/2008 at 20:24 (GMT -5) by SirMason]
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

:-D Thats cool, I am more than happy to wait a while - I guess you have had more practice drawing hero types like the pics above then incredibly old wrinkly dead people.

I think she had a short bow slung on her back incidentally, and a necklace of the eye around her neck - advance warning of attack is always useful in the dwarven halls, unless you get completely surrounded by ghosts who just appear through the walls of course.

The cave tiger looks great by the way <ok>
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3761 days, 20 hours and 38 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

You have quite a lot of talent. I'm enjoying these pictures. No good characters of my own, but enjoying them nonetheless...
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5397 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 at 09:40 (GMT -5)

Whoa, thanks very much!

He looks great! Very nice features on beard and clothing, maybe I should have remembered to say that he had 7LB on but bare feet make him look more furious :D

Keep drawing these, you got some skills on it.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4903 days, 14 hours, 10 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

I think your drawings are pretty good SirMason.
It seems as though you are enthusiastic about
fantasy art. I wonder, have you ever posted
anything on the 'wetcanvas' forums? They
have a thread devoted to fantasy art, and they
have some fun challenges from time to time.
Currently, they have an 'anthro' challenge still
open (half human half animal creatures). I thought
you might like that one. They also just opened a
unicorn challenge.

This is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd mention
it anyway. Here is the link.
Wetcanvas fantasy art forums
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/4/2008 at 10:46 (GMT -5) by gut]
SirMason
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 at 11:54 (GMT -5)

Well, I'm just enjoying the practice/challenge. I'm glad I can contribute in some way to the Adom community :D

The Wetcanvas site sounds like a lot of the maddening half-human half-fox fur art that plagues DeviantArt. I'll check it out anyway, although I'd like to stick to these forums because the Adom art would be better appreciated. I will admit, my strong points are in the fantasy/scifi/superhero genres...I'm terrible at drawing things realistic. I have to use my imagination or my drawings lose their spirit.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 at 19:48 (GMT -5)

A challange you say?
Here's one for you:
1. Hunt3r, male Dark Elf Beastfighter lvl 50.
2. crown of regeneration, amulet of perseverance {Wi+6}, eternium plate mail (-1, -2) [-1, +13] [ripped off a dead chaos knight], girdle of greed, cloak of adornment [+3, +0] {Ap+5}, ring of speed, ring of slaying (+8 melee damage, +6 missile damage), bracers of war, iron gauntlets "Ironfist", seven league boots [+10, +3],heavy crossbow "The Far Slayer".
3. Nothing of importance, other then a few years of unnatural aging
4. Level 14 in unarmed combat, several battle spells. D50 cleared mostly by magic spells.
5. No companions.
6. Your feet have been transformed into hooves,
You have become extremely thin and nimble,
Your skin is covered by tough scales,
Your close attunement to corrupted astral space allows teleportation.
You look somewhat apish,
You have grown a total of 12 eyes ,
7. St:61 Le:25 Wi:35 Dx:38 To:51 Ch:21 Ap:12 Ma:33 Pe:34.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/8/2008 at 19:55 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Doalag
Registered user

Last page view:

5856 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 17:05 (GMT -5)

Wooo thank you SirMason your pict is is just great. Don't worry the pets are excellent. The giant ant and the lizard are more than excellent.

About the glockenspiel so it looks to that? Yes me too I had no idea of what was this musical instrument. :-)
SirMason
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 at 17:42 (GMT -5)

Maelstrom, I have accepted your challenge.

Hunt3r is complete. Seems a dark elf with the apish corruption bears an uncanny resemblence to an orc. Hope you like it.
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 at 17:58 (GMT -5)

Simply amazing. The thought of something like that saving the world really does justify the "bad" ending :D "He ends his life in loneliness and isolation" indeed.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

Thin and nimble AND apish elf. I reckon you did a pretty damn good job SirMason.
Ruine
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 at 04:00 (GMT -5)

Wow, great artwork SirMason! I believe I shall email you with one of my PC's details :)
SirMason
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 20:26 (GMT -5)

Long time no draw. Okay, here's Ted's PC...
1) Kaly, C Female DarkElf Ranger
2) Diadem of Beauty, Black Torc, Elven Chainmail, 7LB, Serpent's Bite, Light Stone Spear of the Sun,
Adamantium Scimitar of Mayhem, Elemental Gauntlets, Cloak of Defense.
3) Was chaotic, but not evil. Saved a little girls puppy just to see her smile. Was exiled from clan and kin, beacuse she
refused to kill a GreyElf refuge.

Let's not let this thread die out huh? :D I was kinda out of it for a while but I'm now open to requests again. But fewer dark elves, please? ;)
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 22:14 (GMT -5)

Another nice piece - I especially like the detail on the chain mail.

If you're after something different to draw... There is a legend of an adventurer who called himself Black Dragon. He was a drakeling that spat his way through the chain, melting away everything with his powerful breath attack. The details:

1. Black dragon, the male drakeling farmer (class is actually irrelevant).
2. Bracers of resistance, Preserver, black dragon scale mail, a bunch of spenseweed. No weapons.
3. Uses acid spit exclusively, even against the mightiest demons and guardians. Has two large black wings tattooed on his back. Very strong and agile, but not particularly friendly. Quite insane in fact.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 at 08:36 (GMT -5)

Surely needs a bunch of stomafillia rather than spense?
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4903 days, 14 hours, 10 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 at 18:44 (GMT -5)

Nitpickery is the greatest joy in life, don't you
find?
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/29/2008 at 18:45 (GMT -5) by gut]
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 at 19:19 (GMT -5)

Spenseweed is what was equipped, which is what the original post requested. Of course stomafillia was of far more significant use during that game :)
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3605 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 03:28 (GMT -5)

That's really good SirMason. I like the way you draw the different items.
For the Horde!
Ted
Registered user
YetASorrofulDeath. Agien.

Last page view:

5691 days, 21 hours, 23 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 at 01:52 (GMT -5)

Mmmmm, thanks for the picture.
Tis awsome.
SirMason
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 at 21:42 (GMT -5)

No, thank you :D Black dragon sounds interesting...I already have some good ideas for him.

I was scanning the Hall of Fame for some interesting PCs to draw, but it's a lot of the same stuff (elvish wizard or elvish something with the usual gear)..
'z'...
Nothing happens.
't'...
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

this looks cool :)

1) Hudaman, L+ male hurthling barbarian
2) crown of leadership, ankh, robes of resistance, girdle of carrying, cloak of defense, vanquisher, ring of the cat, ring of immunity, bracers of speed, elemental gauntlet, , 7LB, crossbow "far slayer"
3) killed ACW by shooting quarrels of slaying down a corridor full of spider webs as a true berserker. the corridor was so long that he couldnt see the end of it (nor his target), but each quarrel shot caused a furious roar at the end of the hall.
4) a good hearted barbarian that nevertheless could go on a mindless berseking rage when necessary.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: