Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Dwarf shopkeepers and Dark Elf

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7819 days, 3 hours, 3 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 06:55 (GMT -5)

This is wat i found out just recently, wonder if it has ever been posted. I was a L8 dark elves rocking through the small cave and after reaching the remote HV, i found a shop with this shopkeeper who is a dwarf. So i try selling the quarterstaff(40s)[got from the L1 of the small cave], guess wat the hell he wants to praize, only 9-12 and other weapons like two-handed swords[from vaults] at only 200-300+.

Then i went to the black market, guess the amt, QuarterS at 40+, two-HS at 500-600+. Also, in order to confirm it, i generate another character[also dark elf] and went through the same routine.
Same thing happen. Therefore, i conclude that all dwarven shopkeepers are baised to dark elves.

Next Q:
found 1 eternium two-HS and eternium halbred in the small cave.Anybody has also managed to find this great stuffs? The 2 characters happen to be mindcrafters and even b4 reaching the Hill Shop, got killed somewhere. Dunno mindcrafters are pretty weak, maybe thomas should try to give the starting weapon a at least +1 or 2 increase in Staves.
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

hm, I could debate the "mindcrafters are weak" point--confusion works wonders. Now an elven mindcrafter, I could understand.

About good stuff in the SMC--yeah, I've found some good things there. This game I found a pretty good adamantium longsword, and I have found artifacts before, one in a random drop. The really cool thing in the SMC, though, is when an altar is generated. If you're careful (I created a teleport trap in the room last time I got an altar, for quick escapes) you can sac monsters double your level and get crowned in no time.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7778 days, 1 hour, 26 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

I thought only Waldenbrook held grudges against dark elves.Well looks like all dwarves do.
Are they racial enemies or something?I thought dwarves hated orcs.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

They do; they refuse to eat an orc unless they are starving. Dwarves are quite a prejudiced race. Dwarves and elves have a traditional rivalry in The Lord of the Rings. That's probably where TB got the idea.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 02:24 (GMT -5)

But dwarwes aren't prejudiced against gray/high elves IIRC ? I too have noticed the dwarf-dark elf prejudice. There was a dwarwen shopkeeper in the HMV shop and I was playing a dark elf. The shop had absolutely insane prices and paid insanely little for sold items.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7899 days, 10 hours, 49 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 15:04 (GMT -5)

Well, dark elfs are quite evil yes? The evil of evil of all the races in Adom. They backstab, cheat, sell out their mothers, etc etc. So there's no wonder they are hated so much by practically all races.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 15:20 (GMT -5)

A note--With a dwarven PC, got a scroll shop with a dark elven shopkeeper. The prices were reasonable.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: