Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Ghosts & Barbarians

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7819 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 01:51 (GMT -5)

New discovery, most recent character, a L10 trollish barbarian was force to cleared out the dark forge. Succeed and gained three Levels there.
Got emerald dagger in the weapon storage area. Imagine that, spend 5 bless potions of extra healing. Just to gain experiences to get to do the pyramid quest.

Wonder why trollish have so little life span?=(
My character: age 14 (24 unatural ageing added)
from young to old

damn ghosts, vampires, wights, all undeads!
So, i had to run through the deeper levels of the CoC, found rune-coV Club, very happy.Got grod as a crowning gift. couldn't find ! of youths, hence i rush down to get the orb of water as well as to find youth potions on the way, cleared the graveyard, vampires-damn
rest-ok

Vampires-drains like HELL!!!!!!!!
Str from 33 down to 27
Tough from 32 down to 28

Grr, dying soon, one more ageing touch gone!Anybody knows how to save him, will ! of longevity helps also?

" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7778 days, 9 hours, 18 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 04:51 (GMT -5)

Yup ! of longevity increase the life span of the char.But it dosent undo unnatural aging.And keep away from pools.They age more than they undo aging.
Eat those Vampire corpses.
Youll get all that toughness back.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7899 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 15:08 (GMT -5)

Be very careful around vampires. Be sure to have enough DV so they can't hit you and drain you too much. If possible, use missile weapons. Same thing applies to ghosts of all kinds.

Locke Cole
adomer2
Registered user

Last page view:

8039 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

and if that doesn't work...act like you're playing a huge organ, ghosts like that creepy stuff.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 20 hours and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 15:31 (GMT -5)

I'm now faced with a related problem myself; at lev. 22, my dwarven mindcrafter, who actually has a chance of winning this time, has gotten herself aged to "very old" by a ghost king--and I have no potions! Very annoying to say the least. Should I chance it with pools, or try to get a potion? How bad is aging for a dwarf anyway?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 15:45 (GMT -5)

I wouldn't recommend drinking from pools, because they can cause unnatural aging rather than curing it, and if you die from old age even an AoLS won't save you.

I thought dwarves were relatively long-lived, but I could be wrong - how many years of unnatural aging did it take to get your character to "very old"? Elves seem to be virtually immortal - I had a High Elven Druid who soaked up 95 years of unnatural aging and didn't bother drinking potions of youth because it hadn't pushed her to "middle-aged".
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 20 hours and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 18:47 (GMT -5)

About 200 years. I have been quite unlucky with undead. You can expect that with a mindcrafter, though. Luckily I found a potion shop, so eventually something should turn up.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5831 days, 7 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 00:26 (GMT -5)

It is actually possible to benifit from unnatural aging. Getting aged from "young" to "grown-up" will give you about 1 point in both st and toughness. (it's not worth getting dilebarately aged for tho.)

Also over time st, dx, to, ap, pe decrease, however le, wi, ma increase.

From wishing for ghost types and being aged to death...

He was unnaturally aged by 33 years. (Orc)
He was unnaturally aged by 60 years. (Troll)
He was unnaturally aged by 63 years. (Drakeling)
She was unnaturally aged by 81 years. (Hurthling)
She was unnaturally aged by 141 years. (Human)
She was unnaturally aged by 419 years. (Dwarf)
He was unnaturally aged by 595 years. (Gnome)
He was unnaturally aged by 1116 years. (Dark Elf)
She was unnaturally aged by 1146 years. (High Elf)
He was unnaturally aged by 2151 years. (Gray Elf)

I tested trolls and they seem to die about the same time as drakelings.

Interesting thing to note you actually get one turn before you die from unnatural aging.
"Age: 96 (dead, 79 years of unnatural aging added in)" was snipped from the Shift-B page.

(whoops forgot orcs the first time round - yikes 33 years thats nasty)

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 2/8/2002 at 08:44 (GMT -5) by Dougy]
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7819 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 00:40 (GMT -5)

thaxxs, dougy! Now, i know who can survive longer. So it was gray elf, i was right at guessing in my mind. Though pretty weak, sighnn...
" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2002 at 01:46 (GMT -5)

wow, humans lasted longer than hobbits?? interesting... seems to me that the hobbit would last longer (just look at what Tolkin has to say about hobbits and age.)
oh wait, IIRC humans start ~25 yrs old, whereas hobbits start ~50 yrs old. so...
Humans die ~165 yrs, hobbits at ~130 yrs. still, hmm. seems strange. but oh well, it's TB's game and maybe in his game humans live longer.

ivan.sourceforge.net

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: