Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Sword vs Raven vs Dragon

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
addjenius
Registered user

Last page view:

5883 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 02:13 (GMT -5)

What would be your favorite of the 3 starsigns?

Raven looks pretty attractive, especially if you get athletics. +18ish speed is fairly attractive. I think there's added bonus to speed from dexterity. So, assuming a player has good dexterity, they would be able to make an extra attack fairly consistently - seeing as monsters are generally speed 100.
Also noted- that greater skill in weapons lets you hit more times.
Also noted- that certain classes let you attack faster, like archers using bows.

Sword, however, I think is better for most fighters. I love being super-proficient. Love it!
Sadly however, I've only managed to get my level up to level 8, which gives me a free attack a little less than a fifth of the time.

If anyone has tricks to gain speed or raise levels in weapons, please support ^^ [note: now that I think about it, a more appropriate subject for this is, what is more important? Speed or Weapon Skill?]
Everyone beware..
Blog Robert!!!
addjenius.deviantart.com

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/20/2008 at 02:22 (GMT -5) by addjenius]
Soirana un
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 02:20 (GMT -5)

candle
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5394 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 08:17 (GMT -5)

Damn Soirana was faster :D

Raven is best early.
Dragon is best overall.
Sword isn't so good, suits only to one kind of characters.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 14:22 (GMT -5)

Got damn I was about to say the same thing as Soirana too... I'm not even first to say damn!

10% off weapon marks is pretty worthless - it makes negligible difference at high levels, and melee isn't as powerful as missiles anyway. It's actually slightly better for spellcasters that want to multitask a bit, since they can do with the reduction more to get even the early levels faster.

To get extra speed take a visit to the quickling tree - you can esily get up to 160 or so.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: