Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Eternal Guardian

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

1442 days, 16 hours, 16 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 at 08:55 (GMT -5)

My lvl 36 dwarven monk with an eternium sword of penetration has taken out about 7 eternal guardians. A couple of things I noticed in my game:

* The duplications of the eternal guardian did not gain any DV, PV or hitpoints. He stayed at DV: 30, PV: 60 and Hitpoints at 2401-ish (infact, duplicate nr. 3 only had 2370-ish hitpoints).

* When the first eternal guardian hit me it went as follows: "The eternal guardian misses. The eternal guardian targets a vital spot and hits you. The eternal guardian targets a vital spot and hits you." With my monk at DV/PV: 70/50 those two hits brought me from 550 hitpoints to 450. Not that much really.

* The eternal guardian has the same movement pattern as for instance the Banshee and vortexes. This makes it able for a PC with high speed and/or 7LB to take him out using only a 3x3 grid.

* Taking him out several times does wonders for your chaos rating.

* Liches suck when fighting eternal guardians.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/1/2008 at 08:56 (GMT -5) by Sulangatori]
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 at 09:47 (GMT -5)

Got bored and invited the banshee to the party. Eternal guardians were not impressed and would not die. Thought I had wand of trap creation in my backpack so I annoyed three eternal guardian and hoped for a feast. Unfortunately it was a wand of trap detection I had in my backpack.. Ah, the possibillities..

In the end I tried to meele ET nr 10 without stepping back and he went down before me - success! Nr. 11 and 12 took me out, though...

"...he was at critical and I was surely at critical. At 75 hitpoints left and with two ET's towering on either side ready to bash me to pieces I asked if they grant a dying man a final wish. Infuriated and blinded by the death of their brethren they comply only due to their moral obligations and virtuous blood-line. They sharpen their weapons and eagerly await the hour of reckoning when justice will prevail. Only a death by the hands of an eternal guardian can put things right now. Only a death by the hands of an eternal guardian can prevent a stain on their virtuous bloodline which has run for a thousand years unsoiled. They narrow their eyes and let an almost unnoticeable smile form on their faces as they look down at the dwarf and his pitiful attempt to clean his ears..."
Gozer
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

LOL. Love the mini-story (in fact, I really enjoy most of your narrative posts). Do you write professionally?
Sulangatori
Registered user
Tourist

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 at 00:13 (GMT -5)

Why, thank you. Mini-stories rock. No professionalism around here. I spend all my time writing post-graduate academic papers, so every chance I get to not follow conventional academic styles.. I take.

Some more notes on ET with a dwarven barbarian lvl 28.

* ET will not follow you upstairs.

* Nr. 1, 2 and 3 kept my alignment at steady L. After killing nr. 4 my alignment went from L to N-. Pretty much.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: