Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Nicest Spectre *ever*

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

magellan
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 07:10 (GMT -5)

So i just gotta share this with you guys.

My Human elementalist found himself level 13ish and Lawful... Pyramid without trap detection is .. fun!

Close eyes
One step forward
Open eyes
Whew... still alive :D
repeat

anyhows on the 2nd level i met a spectre, after swoshing through it with Hammerhead (random drop in a vault, she *was* a *very* lucky character!) It decides to flee in panic... and triggers a teleport trap! :D (would have been the worst to step in i guess putting me into unknown territory)

I avoid it and find the specter again, on the stairs up. Greatfully for the good sevices it did to me so far i swoosh through it with hammerhead a few more times, and it drops .... a ring of djinni summoning :)

This spectre has earned a very special place in my heart :)
Lost In Place
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

And as soon as you left the Pyramid you were ambushed by a Dorn Beast, right?
magellan
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 11:34 (GMT -5)

yeah ... i wont mention that this was the second RoDS she found ... the first one also dropped in the vault with hammerhead. Also i wont tell you that she got 2 precrownings: ironfist and robes of resistance...
So i was expecting a pretty meaningless and stupid death, like killed by a jackal or something ... but she actually made it down to the mana tempel to get killed by the archmage himself. A worthy death, the RoDS from the Specter still in her backpack, next to a wand of wishing a lizardman was carrying around a few levels earlier...

She also managed to find not one but 2 greater vaults... both undead to make up for it ;)
jsr
Registered user

Last page view:

4528 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 at 01:52 (GMT -5)

Yurg! I still shiver when I remember quite a tense situation with my mindcrafter who used to face a spectre, steel zombie and shadow troll simultaneously in a lesser vault one level above Dwarftown, being only a level 13 character. It's not very pleasant to lose about 5 points of toughness and 4 points of strength, but anyway it's much better than death. I was absolutely foolish to let myself dive right into the corridors near the vault like a mindless barbarian and get surrounded by those undeads and some other stuff (ogre lord, ogre magi, fomorian giant, mummy etc), summoned by a damned black wizard. Thanks to wand of magic missiles, some booze, some scrolls of power and especially wand of digging, I've managed to escape somehow. Well, then the most nasty undeads were lured away from the level and and slain later when I've got telekinetic blast. Another good thing is that some goblin dropped a "Serpent's Bite". Ah... It's sad that a little bit later my mindcrafter died so ridiculously after attacking a jelatinous cube in melee... in a Big Room (I'm a moron, I know). It took only one ratling warlord to finish paralyzed me.
Oh my, I'm so lonely and need some company

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: