Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADoM + D&D = ?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Kawa-tan
Registered user
Resident Asian Chick

Last page view:

5518 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

So my local college fantasy/sci-fi/gaming club is hoping to run a game night for incoming freshmen during orientation, so I offered to run a tutorial one-time session for students new to Dungeons and Dragons. The new edition is fun and exciting for new players and has dragonborn (like drakelings, but more bashing-things focused) so I thought it'd be fun to make a session modeled after the quest to find the local village carpenter.

It's not quite the same (I had to throw a general store into Terinyo and tweak the Munchies Mall, plus a few other changes for the sake of the format) but there's a lot of familiar elements and general fun.

Would people like to see this posted? Does anyone have suggestions? Remember, this is for a one-off Level 1 game; things will be very different (and closer to reality if I expand it to a full campaign, like having more quests available from the get-go other than saving Yrrigs).
we will find illumination in a natural light...
Portrait
Ancient_pink_dragon
Registered user
So I was talking to a dark elf

Last page view:

5714 days, 12 hours, 21 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 at 19:19 (GMT -5)

Well you forgot to mention Jharod, first kill, Raider Lord, besides that this sounds like a great idea.

Though you won't try to make all of this as hard as Adom was for most noobs. Will you? I say you should.

Though too bad no one posts here anymore, I would be surprised if you already finshed this.
You attack the Ancient pink dragon with all of your force, but do not mange to harm it! The Ancient Pink Dragon breaths a deathray, poision, fire, acid, ice, lightning, water, corruption, missle, petrefication, and stun breath at you. All of your equipment is torn apart! You die...
#######################################
..-------------------------------D%$[(%
#######################################

Robojesus_gintfrg St99 Le99 Wi99 Dx99 To99 Ch99 A99 Ma99 Pe99 L++ Dv/Pv 1500/1500 H -5843(18857) P 99999 (99999) Exp50/48320283474958492 ID:48374 Spd:5833 Blessed Invisible Bloated

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: