Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Pick Pocketing (some spoilers?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

CBAZ
Registered user

Last page view:

5723 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 12:17 (GMT -5)

My drakeling beast fighter just finished crossing the animated forest, and I decided I wanted to get the skills from Bart and do the pyramid before I went any deeper into the CoC. So far I had been rather lax in my pick pocketing (Yergius would not be impressed, and would not teach me how to find all the nasty traps that would be in the pyramid!), so I needed lots of humanoids to steal from to prove my mettle. Thundarr wanted tons of ogres killed, so I figured I could combine the two efforts. So I wander into the ogre caves, and long story short, steal bracers of war from some random female ogre.
I have never liked pick pocketing before, but I think that just changed.
:o
CBAZ
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

He then did a lot of stuff that made him much stronger, went to Yergius and was trained extensively in finding traps, blessed his ring of the fish, and dove into the underwater dragon cave. He killed a few turtles along the way (they took a while though, they have nasty PV) and then ran into a giant dragon turtle. He fought the beast for quite a while, and moderately wounded it. It then got very angry and breathed water at him, taking him down from 224/224 to 64/224. This came as a surprise to me. I remembered the giant dragon turtles being dangerous, but not *that* dangerous. I quickly zapped a wand of teleportation, going immediately to the stairs and out to the wilderness to heal. He bravely dove back in, this time with the intention of avoiding all giant dragon turtles. He encountered a turtle, but it was not of the dragon variety, and he crushed it. It dropped a wand of digging, but I soon learned that the dragon considers everything in her cave to be her property, so he left it alone and got off with a warning. He then reached the same junction he fought the dragon turtle at last time. It was down the hallway, but I knew that the dragon was down the other path, so I started to run. The dragon turtle took a couple of lumbering steps after him. As soon as he lined up his shot, he breathed water at me, washing me away for over 400(!!!!!) points of damage, killing me instantly and leaving me at less than -200 hp.
WHAT THE HECK?! Why are the giant dragon turtles so powerful?!?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4245 days, 8 hours, 53 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 18:06 (GMT -5)

The water breath attack is insanely powerful - I once tamed a dragon turtle and brought it to DarkForge where it laid extreme waste to everything. Invis is a good way of avoiding them, and if you had a teleport source you should really have stuck to that for visiting the water dragon.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
CBAZ
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 at 20:37 (GMT -5)

I had a couple potions of invis, and I had a wand of teleportation. I didn't want to waste a teleport by aiming wrong, though. I left my scrolls of magic map in the old barbarians place because I didn't want them to get soaked.
I've lost characters in there in the past, (I played a while ago, just restarted) but I had no idea that their breath was, well, so ridiculously strong. Had I known it could deal 400 damage, I probably wouldn't have even gone in. I guess it's a learning experience though :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: