Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / New way to waste away!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4492 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 at 13:38 (GMT -5)

Has anyone ever died by choking on their own vomit due to paralysis, i did! I do believe that i will never win w/ a dwarven weaponsmith, but I will keep trying.
Mozzy_Tunes
Registered user

Last page view:

5372 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 at 17:07 (GMT -5)

interesting. no, don't think i've ever had that one but i'll keep an eye out. you'll win with thtat race/class combo for sure.

get about 60-100 iron ingots. 60 is okay if you'll only be using two pieces of iron armor. about 20-30 pieces of mithril/eternium ingots. by the time you do smithing you probably won't have found eternium boots yet anyway. and iron stands a good chance of not burning in toef.

you should be able to get 100/70 dv/pv and frmo there on out it's pretty much super tank.
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5147 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 at 09:00 (GMT -5)

Play it as any normal melee class until you have access to a pickaxe. Then there is really no stopping you. Lure smith off-level, keep repairing pickaxe whenever it breaks. With mining at 100 it never will if you bless it.

Now you can permanently should have cap, gauntlets, girdle, boots, bracers and body-armor with +8 to PV and DV. You should have a non-iron set for the ToEF, but otherwise iron is fine. Gauntlets and bracers have to be iron, just remember to rustproof it. (You get one rustproof when you get healing skill. Consider artifacts carefully. Weapon artifacts are often better (with the slaying). I rarely smith weapons unless they are "of penetration", and the gain is not too great. Crossbows I might also smith a bit.

If you get some nice intrinsics from pool-drinking, you might not wear anything special at all.

By the way, why dwarf weaponsmith?
Gnome - Gemology, to pick up some gems for cash or learning or fire while mining.

Drakeling - Food pres. And alertness dodges energy rays + high speed in ToEF should make that easier.

-foo- elf - Alertness or dodge, and starts with nice (mithril) elven chain mail. You will start with high ST due to starting anvil.

THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4492 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

I dont know why really, ive wanted to get a weaponsmith to the point where i can smith the hell out of items. Also, i decided if i am going to try a weaponsmith, it shoud be the race that is a natural. I have smithed before, but only w/ archers and barbarians, so the effects were not great. Also, my interesting form of death derives from being paralyzed while sick. Thanx for the tips!!!!!
MrNiceguy
Registered user

Last page view:

5551 days, 11 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

I also have died by choking on vomit. I was sick and hungry, and the only food I had on hand was a ghoul corpse. One more interesting death to remember.
Redundancy is good.
And also good.
random guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 17:40 (GMT -5)

I was sick and then was paralyzed by gelatinous cube. I think it is what happens when you are paralyzed or die of sickness while also paralyzed.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: