Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / DH got me again!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5258 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

I was doing well enough with a high elf archer, no problems so far, had a huge stack of booze and holy water, nice stats etc...

I spent a lot of time on the first floor of the dwarven halls trying to find the down stairs and worrying the whole time that something dangerous was going to spawn, but i made it to the stairs. on the next floor however before i encounterd anything else i bumped into a tension room of greater molochs. damn it, i think to myself, ill outrun them and search the other side of the map for the stairs and use the animated forest for my return to the dwarf town. well turns out the stairs were behind the moloch room and i ended up on the wrong side of a very long hallway full of the molochs... :(
Portrait
littlebrather
Registered user

Last page view:

4816 days, 8 hours, 31 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 05:19 (GMT -5)

My DE archer was also aged to death(!) in DH1, then he opened room with Ghosts (not lords), he was on the way to the stairs, but ghosts cut the corner through the wall and got him =(
until it sleep
liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 21:43 (GMT -5)

the first time i encounterd a living wall i was confused

in the dwarven halls i saw one standing in the open instead of on the wall

it killed me with 2 thrown rocks
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4611 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 03:28 (GMT -5)

Liptick - didn't you get the wand of teleportation from the dusty cave? That'll save you so many times from certain death. It'll also get you to the Dwarven Mystics room, where you can get a pile of potions of extra healing, which will also save you from death. If blessed.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG
liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 17:39 (GMT -5)

i dont normally go for the wand of teleport until i tackle the fire tower, good idea tho, i just didnt really think about it. most times i walk right through the dwarven halls without even seeing a single monster.

i tend not to use teleport anyways unless i have teleport control.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/26/2009 at 17:43 (GMT -5) by liptick]
Mi Hai Loo
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 08:10 (GMT -5)

Can anybody say, why DH is so dangerous? Is it just danger level? Or monsters are generated there by some other rules? I just killed a black unicorn there, and it was one of the least horrible creatures on level...
By the way, nice place to gain exp for low-level mage - if you manage to survive.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3130 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 10:26 (GMT -5)

Danger levels 25 and 45. There is one monster that cannot be generated on DH2 and most can be generated on DH1 (Ki-rins and ancient dragons are Danger level 30, so out of depth generation is possible.)
Greater Titans are Danger Level 44, Balors and Emperor Liches are 45.
Greater Earth Elementals are 48 - they can be generated by out of depth generation or Blessed Scrolls of Familiar summoning.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Mi Hai Loo
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 12:02 (GMT -5)

Thank you.
So it's really a waste of scroll to read scroll of familiar summoning in Dwarftown...
liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 13:46 (GMT -5)

haha, i would think so.

Altho I have died a few times in the dwarven halls, I don't encounter anything extraordinary very often. Usually when something kills me there, it's just a more advanced version of something fairly common, aside from the greater molochs and living walls I've encounterd some abnormally experienced troll berserkers and fire/fomorian giants. I realize that there is a chance of encountering something out of depth, but I still find it amazing that some people avoid these 2 floors. More often than not I find the down staircase on DH 1 right beside the up stairs, or at least thats the case on one of the two floors. On the other hand I am baffled by how easy some people claim the animated forest is. If I encounter something terrible in the dwarven halls I can always turn tail, or proceed with a plan for avoiding said "thing". I hate the animated forest. I have no problems getting halfway through it, or surviving long term traffic jams, but i hate risking damaging equipment due to frequent attacks. I'm not patient either :P What really gets me is even with the knowledge that the stairs are in a static position I cannot easily teleport control my way through this floor.
Mi Hai Loo
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 03:58 (GMT -5)

Maelstorm, guidebook tells that DH:1 has DL 40, not 25. Well, it explains a lot... Especially some annihilators, molochs, ogre emperors (not a problem, though), death jellies, quickling kings and whatever I met there.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3130 days, 3 hours, 34 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 14:48 (GMT -5)

Of those you mentioned, only Ogre Emperors are Danger level 30, everything else is below 28 :P

Are you sure DH1 is level 40? That wouldn't make much diffrence from 45 (just a few killers are above 40) and I've never seen any Greater Wyrms, Eternium Golems and such on DH1...
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Maul
Registered user
[banned user]

Last page view:

4941 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 17:46 (GMT -5)

Well, at the very least, I have already generated an emperor lich with a SoFS on DH:1, and yes, I'm 100% sure it was DH1, not 2.
1l= Y0(_) [4l\l R34[) 7l-l15, Y0(_) l\/l(_)57 83 PR377Y G00[).
Mi Hai Loo
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 03:03 (GMT -5)

No, I'm not sure (but usually it seems to me that DH1 is even more difficult then DH2 - of course, it's only my bad luck). I just looked at manual, it says 40. I'm going to play a lot this week, so I will just watch whom I met and post here.
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3190 days, 21 hours, 28 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 at 10:42 (GMT -5)

iirc, dh danger level seems to depend on which level you enter first.
Eg. Going dh1, dh2 is different from going through trees, and coming up dh2 to dh1.

Not definite, just going by what I recall from long ago.
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4499 days, 7 hours, 40 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 at 12:31 (GMT -5)

Just got thwomped by a Balor on DH:2, if that helps

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: