Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Worst Crashes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Scummer
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

I'm playing with the Mac version of ADOM and just had what I consider a bad crash...had a dwarf priest level 12 (stats pretty pumped) who was wielding a short sword of devastation (5d7 +10 damage) who had already found 2 anvils. I took a break from ID scumming (trying to get netherbolt for crossing a river) and went into little dog dungeon...on bottom level "ADOM quit unexpectedly"...

What's your worst crash related loss?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3120 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009 at 15:35 (GMT -5)

A lvl 38 DE barbarian, capable of casting Acid Ball, Ice Ball and Teleport. Saved Khelevaster, all set up for an ultra.
Led the banshee to the animated forest. Crash due too many items generated on the level.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4900 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 at 05:32 (GMT -5)

A speedrun attempt that was going exceptionally
well, then had a Khelly crash when giving over
the ammy.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 at 08:19 (GMT -5)

A "collect most artifacts" challenge that involved getting a TROLL to level 50 in the infinite dungeon and praying for 15 precrowns. After that huge effort I started tearing through the main game, finding lots of random artifacts on the way, and looking to set the record for most artifacts in one game. Until the Khelly crash. God damn it...
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4489 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

what is this khelly crash, sounds like something to look forward too, in case i feel like being mad at the dirt
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4900 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 05:36 (GMT -5)

A bug in the game that causes a game crash
when you give an AoLS to Khellivaster.
Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4489 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 19, 2009 at 00:49 (GMT -5)

sounds like real treat! cant wait...
Portrait
Scummer
Registered user

Last page view:

5180 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 07:51 (GMT -5)

I just got hit with a bad crash on the Mac...
Finally got a Dark Elf Bard past level 10...He was a pretty tough customer...most important stats at at least 20...lots of good skills maxed...while converting to neutral a god got mad at him and destroyed everything he was wearing and it still didn't slow him down at all...He had two 2x2 herb gardens going of MoM and Morgia within a short distance from each other. Ascending from Dwarf Ville and crash boom bam for no apparent reason...

One weird thing about this game...every dungeon generated spawned a river through the middle of the map at some point...I had to forego doggie, druid, UD, and CoC all until I scummed 2 potions of carrot juice to learn how to swim (and raised HPs to acceptable range of 70).
galarant
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 at 18:52 (GMT -5)

high elven ranger, 20 hrs playtime, all stats over 30, two precrowns, ready for ultra. Khelly Crash

I'm done with ADOM. So fucking pointless.
Dealan
Registered user

Last page view:

5004 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2010 at 12:34 (GMT -5)

I was preparing to make a new thread complaining about a crash when I saw this.

I had an Orcish Beastfighter, level 9. His stats were pretty good, I had found quite a few potions, scrolls, and some useful tools, and I was at the first level of the Puppy cave when an enemy dropped the Seven League Boots! I was expecting that the game would screw me in some way, but not like this.

Another bad one was when I lost a High Elf Wizard, about level 28. She was doing really great, being my second most successful character ever. I did have a backup save file for her, but it was several levels before, and I was much less lucky the second time. When I reached the crash point I had found about 4 less potions of gain attributes. She died, of course.

At least I now know about the Khelly Crash. Never knew to make a backup before saving him before. (I saved him about three times and it never crashed.)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: