Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Book of wish

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4484 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

After nearly ten years of playing this game, i finally found a spellbook of wish in VD:2 w/ a level 3 dwarven weaponsmith who died shortly after. What a waste of an item i would have never gotten to read in the first place. What really amazes me about the find is that its the first ever, yet w/ 80-90% of my promising characters i find the BofW and SLB. i know this thread has no point, but it was exiting for me.
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3176 days, 1 hour and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 at 17:00 (GMT -5)

Well, if you play a wizard, you'll find at least one...

Also, playing a wizard, necros, priest, or Druid will increase your chance of finding a random one by tenfold.
Portrait
Nillo
Registered user

Last page view:

5313 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 at 18:39 (GMT -5)

Doesn't the spellbook of Wish kind of suck anyway? I don't understand what use a non-spellcaster would have of such a spellbook, and by the time a spellcaster accumulates enough power points to cast Wish, you could just as easily walk into D:50 and slaughter everything.
Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Your looks improve. You feel more in touch with the world.
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4897 days, 35 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 at 20:14 (GMT -5)

It's more of a trophy. I mean, if you picked up a book that you knew could teach you a spell that would grant you anything you wished for, but you knew you couldn't read it, wouldn't you keep it?
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4954 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 05:30 (GMT -5)

For wizards, its the only guaranteed source of an AoLS in the game, but only really valuable for an incredibly patient wizard who continues to have zero luck finding an AoLS or a wish by other means... Perhaps if you have sworn an oath against stair hopping and gremlins like Silfir.

On the correct day of the year, wearing some clothes of health, after drinking some boosting potions, casting wish from memory isn't completely out of the question.

Plus reading it once ought to stick a few points into your Le stat.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4237 days, 11 hours, 36 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 08:57 (GMT -5)

Has anyone ever used the Wish spellbook for an amulet for Khelly? I imagine it's extremely hard to have enough HP/PP to cast it at that stage of the game.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4954 days, 19 hours, 7 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

Seem to recall Soirana mentioned it having done so at some point, but yeah, its non trivial for sure.

Decent PC level, a potion shop someplace for a few !oBoostToughness, Silvernight or whatever its called, I can see it being just about possible in rare situations.
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4484 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 14:28 (GMT -5)

It was most certainly a trophy for the next 15 minutes, then i died
not logged
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 at 18:54 (GMT -5)

It's always great fun to get a spellbook of wish as a starting spellbook for a spellcaster.
Raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 at 02:52 (GMT -5)

long time..
anyhow finally got a wish spellbook, had no trouble reading it in the wilderness (twice, i still want the 'trophy'), !filla etc, read it twice, Saving the book <of course <curious what i can sell it for>> got it down to 3000pp to cast, im only a lvl 17 dwarf priest, scummed a few times just to try, ive got within -987 hp <died trying to cast> aside from the !pot any sugestions? book cast or from memory? be fun to have wishes at will <G> any tips, or just have it bronzed and hang it on the wall?
Raven1
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2011 at 03:16 (GMT -5)

oops im a human priest

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: