Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / end score

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

5362 days, 6 hours, 11 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 18:25 (GMT -5)

The guide does not have any markings for speedrunning(less than 80k turns normal ending) or the "killed the enemy of karmic wyrm" or kranach. Which actions are shown in the end score and which do actually influence it?
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3183 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

If you do an incomplete ending, turns below some value add to score, if you do a complete ending (avatar/tempgod/permgod/paragon), turns do not count, but time passed does count a small amount.
There's a bug that allows you to reduce turns and thus get as high a score as you want, but only for incomplete endings.
This is about on par with dragon gold doubling, piety overflow, or kick-robbing shops, so incomplete ending score not as meaningful.

iirc, puppy, raider, blup, khelevaster, cat lord, clearing bugs, killing mino king, barney, joining thieves guild, leading thieves guild, doing either dwarf quests all give some score.
Never praying also gives score bonus, and never saving used to give a huge bonus (but the no-save bonus was removed a couple versions ago).

Some misc. notes: puppy bonus is lost if you whack the tiny girl later during the raw steel quest, raider bonus is higher if you bring back his head and mount it in terinyo for all to see, losing companions reduces score, neither carpenter nor druid add to score (other than the small bonus an additional skill gives you for getting bridge building or gardening), stats, skill level, and spells all add to score, but weapon/shield marks do not, neither ratling nor witch quests add to score, killing dwarf berzerker instead of freeing his spirit didn't seem to affect score, number of different items found affect score (eg. finding 1 or 3 amulets of life saving counts same, but finding 1 aols and 1 ring of doom counts twice).

Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 09:28 (GMT -5)

can i wish for cute dog? How about raider lord?
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 09:41 (GMT -5)

You can wish for both raider lord and puppy.

You can wait till 50th level to turn in the puppy if you want to, but the ability to complete the raider lord quest goes away after a certain level.
The sherriff gives you a message about the raider buggering off to some other town, and removes the quest from your log.

AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 09:51 (GMT -5)

I think it's around 10th level, btw, that the sherriff takes back the quest, so if you want to wish for the raider lord, you need to do so between 6th and 10th level... ;)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 1 hour, 40 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 12:53 (GMT -5)

The sheriff takes the quest as soon as the rider lords stops appearing in random encounters. And that's Level 6.
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

That makes sense, but I have many times encountered the raider pre-level 6, but reported the quest completion at level 6, 7, or even 8, and gotten credit for it.
There may be a higher point at which you no longer can claim credit for it.

Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

you can kill kranach and report it whenever you like.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3123 days, 1 hour, 40 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 16:14 (GMT -5)

No, there's not.
The raider stops appearing after you reach level 6 (lower for trolls), but if you kill him, you can get the reward whenever you want.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Jhonka. Damn you and your 1 sentance post ;P
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/13/2009 at 16:14 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 16:24 (GMT -5)

lol.

This occurs even if you've talked to the sheriff at say level 10 to get the hotz quest (he removes the raider quest from your quest log), and then at level 50 wish for raider lord, kill him, and then chat with sherriff again?

Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 03:01 (GMT -5)

I ment that if you kill the raiderlord without wishing him, you can report the kill whenever you like. If the quest is removed/never received, then there's no way getting the the guest done.

EDIT: I wonder if i can get the quest from sheriff, forget it till i have wishes to spare and then wish for the raider lord, thus killing him while i still have the quest in my quest log!??

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/14/2009 at 03:05 (GMT -5) by Jhonka]
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

Maybe, but that means you never took the hotz quest...

Jhonka
Registered user
Kickass player

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 13:26 (GMT -5)

hoz quest and it's reward(marble amulet) can be obtained without ever having the quest on the quest list.
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 16:23 (GMT -5)

I know you can get a marble amulet by leading Wyatt to holeinthewalL, but for the money reward, I think you have to talk to him.
The money reward is arguably more important than the amulet at that stage of the game, since learning those thief skills is so expensive.

Of course, both are meaningless in the long run, as it doesn't add much to your score (getting the law skill, which goes up to 100 pretty much by itself adds some points).
But, will you hold off till you get "extra" wishes, or just take the early money.
I'd be inclined to go for the early money. ;)

vogonpoet
Registered user

Last page view:

4962 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 04:55 (GMT -5)

I never take the Hotz quest, I just kill Hotzy whenever I feel like it (usually way before PC level 10) and go claim my amulet.

As far as I know:

If you kill Hotzy before speaking to the Sheriff, and before reaching level 6, then the first chat with the Sheriff will get you your amulet, your second chat will open the K quest, and if you avoid chatting to him ever after, your wish for a raider lord will will get you your quest completion at level 50. Note, to get the cool message in your flg about bringing him to justice, you have to bring his corpse back to the sheriff.

Completion of both quests earns additional reward of useless Law skill, no matter which quest you complete first.

However, if your PC can kill Hotzy before level 6 (not hard for many classes) then it can also kill K before level 6.
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 17:39 (GMT -5)

Killing hotz first will get you to like 4th level, and then your chances of getting to the puppy before 6th level are slim to none.
Getting raider lord before day 4 is no gaurantee, but if you get puppy first and are below 6th, you can almost gaurantee getting raider eventually by wandering around in the forest.

If all you want is the amulet, you can get that without doing any quests, just by taking wyatt to holeinthewalL.

iirc, You get the justice message with or without bringing back his corpse, but you get additional score for mounting his head.

Law is useless, except if you're going for score, and getting it at 10th level means it'll go to 100 all by itself, while getting it at 50th level means you'll have it at like 10-20.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: