Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Why do you love ADOM?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5257 days, 20 hours, 25 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

I have lurked these forums for years, I still haven't posted much. I love ADOM and sometimes I forget why. When I see days go by with no forum activity I start to think back to when I started playing ADOM. I remember some of the coolest experiences I've had in any video game ever. I want to know why you all love adom, I want this forum to pick up again. I love adom and I apreciate this forum so I thought I would try to give back to the community. Let's talk about the greatest game in history...

I remember falling in love with adom. It happend when a friend of mine tried to get me into rogue likes. I thought, "these games are cool, but so damn sloppy." One day I found ADOM, I thought "this is exactly what I've been looking for" it was easy(er) to learn but had more depth than the games I was suckerd into buying for my xbox and 360. I felt joy when I died time and again and every time it was something soo epic and new. I guesse I am kind of rambling, the point of this thread is simply to remember and discuss our initial impressions, maybe to get this forum up to what it used to be.

When I showed this game to my brother he reacted to it in a funny way. I suggested he try a troll after he walked into death a few times. He had his weapon destroyed by a door trap, his initial reaction was to wield a bow in an aggressive and retarded way. He then proceeded to beat the shit out of everything using a short bow in melee. I believe he also tried using a door that he had shatterd with his mighty kick...

Lets share some epic tales.
Portrait
Maul
Registered user
[banned user]

Last page view:

4940 days, 14 hours, 43 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

I love ADOM mainly because of two things: the 200 different combinations leading to many playing opportunities, and the unique scenarios one can live through. Traversing the DH with an emperor lich pet backing you (well, actually, in front of you because of the death rays), attempting Eternium Man and getting a sadistic death at the mid-levels, even escaping from the TotHK after my equipment got turned to dust, obviously (almost dying) in the process - just a few examples.

Tell your brother to play a weaponsmith and use an anvil as a melee weapon. He'd surely like that :)
1l= Y0(_) [4l\l R34[) 7l-l15, Y0(_) l\/l(_)57 83 PR377Y G00[).
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4251 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 at 20:21 (GMT -5)

If you get frustrated with the inactivity here you might want to check the official forums over on adom.de :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: