Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Why I Love Adom

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

MightyChaos
Registered user
ADoM Veteran

Last page view:

5073 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 23:13 (GMT -5)

Hey all, new account cause ive once again forgetten password..

Once upon a time in reality, i had piece of poo computer. it was clunky with only a floppy and super floppy disks, no dvdcd drive or whatnot.
So i searched the web for rougelikes on a friends computer, came home with a bunch and tried them out.

Adom shined the moment i tried it, from the character generation alone i was hooked. I remember playing allnighters, once for 24 hours straight for a Never Saved game.. (human barbarian ftw)

I played back before the bug temple, before the talents and ego weapons.. i had so much fun even though i scummed my way to victory when i figured out how to copy/paste - but before even that - my very first character not knowing how to get the chaos orbs, how to get healing, (he was darkelf assassin) he ended up roaming the mountains, turning into a writhing mass of primal chaos..

the replayability, the uniqueness of every game brings me back to it time and again, i was going to play now but decided to write something here first for some reason. I know all the tricks but the rng always evens me out in the end - like getting the Awful Mean Aura corruption when picking things up buy a shopkeeper.. stink.. or having the puppy stand on a trap as your about to leave to saftey.. or having a badass lvl 1 character with suberb everything get hit by a stonetrap, or falling into a pit of snakes, or.... or almost anything actually..

Ive had my victorys, ive had my losses, but i will never retire - i do belive that i will play for life, thank you very much Mr Biskup

peace out
**<i love this game?**
liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5258 days, 2 hours, 18 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 11:25 (GMT -5)

I also dont think I can ever give up this game. I can see myself not playing it for months again, but I know I will return someday. currently I create one to two characters a week. I find this to be a satisfying amount of time to give to adom, I dont play so much that I get sick of it for months, but I still play it with enough frequency to enjoy it.

p.s. MAYBE, if jade is ever brought to the same
level of completion, it will take adom's
place. personaly I think it will be
different enough that I might play both.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/18/2009 at 11:28 (GMT -5) by liptick]
MightyChaos
Registered user
ADoM Veteran

Last page view:

5073 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 19:45 (GMT -5)

oh yes, i would Jade for epicness, and play Adom for quick bursts :)
**<i love this game?**

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: