Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / corrupted

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5257 days, 19 hours and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 at 02:52 (GMT -5)

this forum is being invaded by non people. the robots, the solicitors, the evil men. Clever names dont hide an automatic message advertising gibberish.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 hours, 44 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 at 13:11 (GMT -5)

I honestly don't know why they bother, I can understand the link spammers trying to boost their Google rank and such, but the "smart" ones that don't include a direct URL in order to bypass filters become so vague I don't understand how they intend to get any benefit from it, punched one of the terms into Google out of curiosity but all that come up are other forums and guestbooks the bot have spammed...

Anyway just be glad my filters are holding up, they block someting like 600 posts a day, I've only seen 1-3 spam posts get though every week wich is not all that bad, although since the forum has pretty low activity as it is they tend to stick out as a sore thumb untill I get around to delete them :(

Disabeling "anonymous" posting is an option if it gets too bad, but I want to keep the forum as open to new people as possible so I'll keep trying to improve the automated spam filtering some more before resorting to that.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4498 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 03, 2009 at 01:08 (GMT -5)

It's really tiresome. Everyone is always trying to talk me in too buying their shit. If you dont think ads are everywhere, think about this...

1) This idiot nascar "sport", is nothing but a 180 m.ph. commercial, with commercial breaks.

2) Most T.V. ads use songs. You then hear that same song on the radio, think of the product from T.V, and now you are listening to commercials, with commercial breaks.

3) Even bankrupt-ass GM, had a T.V. ad explaining what they are going to do to be great again. If they are bankrupt, where did the ad money come from anywho?

4) The never ending phonecalls of course...

Yes, and now they invade this tiny little forum, its so tiresome. I have to go take a nap now.
Portrait
gut
Registered user
Painted this one too.

Last page view:

4909 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

> If they are bankrupt, where did the ad money come from anywho?

That's what government's for, silly.

Put me in the 'fool filter', where I belong!
liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5257 days, 19 hours and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 at 23:34 (GMT -5)

i definately put this thread in the wrong catagory, i had been drinking when i saw those friggin bot-vertisements... I doubt anyone apreciates being advertised to but man it pisses me off to the extreme. for a long time ive been annoied with all the junk mail ive been getting, I'm not specificaly a tree hugger, but when i never ever give a shit about junk mail, over a few years i cant help but feel a bit pissed off that almost everyday there is a books worth of paper that im discarding... and then there are the days when im answering my door every hour because some walking talking advertisement comes to my door, and when i see junkmail and automatic messages on a number of forums i want to scream at someone. there was a time when i thought that if i never watched tv I might get a break... fuck!
some days i honestly feel like my privacy is being violated...

ps. to the administrator and forum creator, i dont mean to sound ungratefull, i dont doubt that you work at keeping this forum free of this bullshit, so sorry if i came across complaining.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/7/2009 at 23:36 (GMT -5) by liptick]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: