Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / easiest alighnemt?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

geg_Ma3gau
Registered user
fighter 5 monk 6 rogue 29

Last page view:

4478 days, 22 hours and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 09:12 (GMT -5)

Which alignment is the easiest to play? i heard alignments affect how much guaranteed SoCR are generated.

I stick to chaotic most of the time since im new and its imo an easy choice: easyto stay chaotic all the time with all the pickpocketing. Altars also work better since you can sac everyone, but tbt i dont usually get how can i sac enough for PRECROWN, being the alright level for preceowning. How can i sac enough?

Also: how do you guys usually get that damn Amulet of life saving for the dying sage? by this point of the game i usually dont have enough gold to sac for doom/curse from pools removal so drinking pools is usually a suicide for me.
Subconscious
Registered user
Adventurer of the Human Mind

Last page view:

5403 days, 13 hours, 38 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 12:26 (GMT -5)

Lawfull is the easiest one in the long run. You get better awards and less corruption.
Well this is my opinion afterall.
"The white baby dragon equips the small shield." WTF :D
THC842
Registered user

Last page view:

4498 days, 14 hours and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

I prefer lawfuls, they seem luckier and once you get crowned they resist corruption better (i think) Also, very few creatures are lawful so you can sac almost anything. Dont know abou SoCR generation.

For the AoLS, you need to either find it or wish for it. You should probably start saving your gold. Saccingcreatures will help remove curse and doom.
Toan
Registered user

Last page view:

5093 days, 1 hour, 59 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

Uhm...i'm new but...(been playing for ~a month) but to me, it seems neutral is the way to go. You can change back to lawful with the Amulet of Order and with neutral, it's:
1.Easier to change alignment (one less step)
2.There are NPCs who refuse to give/teach stuff to Lawful/Chaotic PCs, there is none that refuses neutrals, thought there are NPCs that only give to chaotics..

again, i'm new so....if i'm wrong, please forgive me.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4251 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 15:51 (GMT -5)

Chaotic is probably the worst alignment purely because altars are so dangerous for them. Also it's very hard to change your alignment upwards if you need to - lawfuls and neutrals can change much more easily. Lawful is great for precrowns, but is annoying for the thief quests. Normally I'll be neutral early game, chaotic mid-game (for chaos quests) and then either lawful or neutral for the rest.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: