Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Befriending a ratling trader

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

fazisi
Registered user
Pinker than a communist vagina

Last page view:

5312 days, 1 hour, 25 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 23:50 (GMT -5)

I've come across a ratling trader in the HMV but he seems to be a little hostile with me... guess he didn't like how I just ate 3 cooked giant rat corpses as I entered town. Either he seems to think my cooked goods are competition or he can smell the rat flesh on my breath.

Is there any simple way to make this guy a little more friendly since I always love extra sources of food. All I have aside from my equipped gear at the moment is two hatchets, some rocks, arrows of undead slaying, torches, cooking set, water, rations, hurthling bread/cake, a bit of candy and my gold.
When you worry, when in doubt; run in circles, scream and shout!
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 20 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 05:12 (GMT -5)

Monsters are randomly generated as hostile in the HMV so you probably didn't do anything "wrong" to make it attack you.

On rare ocations monsters will loose interest and turn neutrlal if you don't fight back for a while (depends on the degree of hostility I guess), so you might try to just avoid it. Other than that without a "calm monster" spell you are probably out of luck.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Aragorn
Registered user

Last page view:

4871 days, 17 hours, 50 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 at 18:07 (GMT -5)

I wonder if throwing berzio potion will help. I think they work on animals only.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4252 days, 8 hours, 28 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 at 18:28 (GMT -5)

If you get a pet to attack him he might turn neutral to you. Just don't use a strong pet.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: