Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Need Help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jerry
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 15:26 (GMT -5)

Hi, I just got into adom and I finished the village dungeon but don't really know where to go to after this. On all previous characters I've tried going to the west and the only dungeons I can go into are a fiery tower, the infinite dungeon and some dungeon to the south with tons of golems. I thought I was supposed to go to the one in the central Western mountain range but it is surrounded by mountains and I don't know what to do. I could use some guidance. Right now I am just wandering around the infinite dungeon leveling.
liptick
Registered user
The elf lover

Last page view:

5248 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 16:01 (GMT -5)

if you know where the "fiery tower" is, then look the north east slightly, that is the main dungeon of the game. if for some reason you cannot figure out how to get into it then perhaps you should know that in this game you are capable of moving diagonally.
Jerry
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 18:30 (GMT -5)

I happen to be on a laptop though, this there any way to still move diagonally?
Portrait
Nillo
Registered user

Last page view:

5318 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 02:09 (GMT -5)

What, you posted the topic twice in two different forums? Now I didn't need to write my earlier post at all. :/

As we said, you need diagonal movement for the cave. Laptops are not well suited for roguelikes for this reason. I would suggest getting an external numpad if you really want to do this. Otherwise you'll have press the 1,3,7 and 9 buttons, or press Fn and use the "fake numpad" that most laptops have.
Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Your looks improve. You feel more in touch with the world.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

You can completely customize the keyboard commands (including movement) by editing the adom.kbd file located in the adom_dat folder.

Just be careful not to "overwrite" any useful commands (you can probably get by without things like "display version", "check literacy", "describe weater" and such if need be though).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Nillo
Registered user

Last page view:

5318 days, 3 hours, 45 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 15:44 (GMT -5)

Oh, that's pretty nice! I haven't tried customizing any keys on my laptop. I'd have to switch a lot of keys to get a numpad to fit on my keyboard though, and it would take a lot of time to get used to the new keys. An external numpad is still pretty comfortable to have, so I'll stick to that.
Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Your looks improve. You feel more in touch with the world.
MightyChaos
Registered user
ADoM Veteran

Last page view:

5063 days, 16 hours, 28 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 17:59 (GMT -5)

i play on the laptop and pushing the 13579 isnt too bad. you get used to it pretty easily.
**<i love this game?**

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: