Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Need Help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jerry
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 15:37 (GMT -5)

Hi, I just got into adom and I finished the village dungeon but don't really know where to go to after this. On all previous characters I've tried going to the west and the only dungeons I can go into are a fiery tower, the infinite dungeon and some dungeon to the south with tons of golems. I thought I was supposed to go to the one in the central Western mountain range but it is surrounded by mountains and I don't know what to do. I could use some guidance. Right now I am just wandering around the infinite dungeon leveling.
Portrait
Nillo
Registered user

Last page view:

5327 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 01:57 (GMT -5)

At that point you should probably be going into the Caverns of Chaos. It's located between the pyramid and the Tower of Eternal Flames, under the hut of the Mad Minstrel. It should not be surrounded by mountains. You just need to walk into the cave diagonally. Hope this helps.
Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Your looks improve. You feel more in touch with the world.
Zenace
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 01, 2009 at 05:42 (GMT -5)

There are also a couple of things to do before you go to the CoC. There are another two quests you can do in the village. One is the sheriff quest and the other the litte girl quest. There is another village just south of the village where you can learn a couple of useful skills, and there is a shop there too. There is also a small cave just above the village, but i do not advise going there, as the monsters on the first level are quite tough (based on your level on first entering), but there is a way to get through the level without even fighting one monster.

I don't want to give away too many details as this is not the spoiler area. Lol
Gishnak
Registered user

Last page view:

5194 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 11:50 (GMT -5)

Posting this here because the forum is giving me errors when I try to create new threads...

Regarding Thundarr's first quest:

Since the monster is random, do sometimes characters just get screwed out of doing this quest? On one of my furthest playthroughs, I got assigned a 'shadow lord.' This is a monster I still have never come across. So I skipped his quests and moved on. His quests sure have some useful rewards, and questing is more fun than grinding..

But it doesn't seem like you can skip his first quest. And if you get some weird monster, it's impossible to complete the quest in a timeframe that's useful...

So what should I do? What do you do?
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5037 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 13:17 (GMT -5)

if i remember right, it's possible for thundarr to assign any monster for the first quest, including cats. i like doing his quests too but shadow lords are fairly rare, but you should be able to find them (and any other monster) in the big room. if you get tired of looking for the rare monster (no different from grinding, really) then just get on with the game until you bump into it further in the game, then go back claim your reward and get the next quest. that might mean giving up the animated forest quest though.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4251 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 16:17 (GMT -5)

I'll happily skip his quests if I need to - there's no particularly amazing rewards (though the wand of fireballs can be handy for the pyramid) and you can continue with the game just fine. If you're worried about it though I have heard that getting the quest at a lower level gives a better chance of an common monster.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5037 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 21:00 (GMT -5)

yeah, apparently the maximum monster danger level he'll assign depends on your level. but that doesn't help you with the shadow lord.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: