Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Various classes and spellbooks

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Radziu
Registered user

Last page view:

4968 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 05, 2010 at 22:22 (GMT -5)

First something from my own experience:
Paladins do find more spellbooks than fighters and certainly more than barbarians.Wizards,priests and necromancers finds alot of them(i think druids are on par with them).I also think that class is alot more important than race or stats,for example my DE archer with great magic skills(concentration 100% LE25 etc.)sucks at learning even light spell while orcish paladin dumba$$ learns it with no problem.What about other classes?Merchant,elementalist...If you know then plese tell me because i got tired of barbs and wizzies.
Phil
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2011 at 09:17 (GMT -5)

I don't believe elementalists learn any spells. I played with just about every race and class like probably everyone else here and elementalists have power/magic within themselves already and don't actually "learn" a particular spell until they reach a certain level. Likewise, mindcrafters use their mental powers as magic and learn spells as they grow in level. In fact I believe attempting to learn spells with a mindcrafter may hurt the mindcrafter, but I'm not too sure on that one.
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4604 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

What exactly is your question? Each class has it's own % chances to learn spells, which can be increased through stats like learning and willpower (and lucky/fate smiles too I think) and the skills Literacy and Concentration. Unless you desperately need a spell, I recommend waiting until both are at 100 to try. Also there is a special room to help increase the chances - something like "The walls of this room are lined with books" you'll get that message when entering.

General rule is, the more melee fighting oriented a class is, the worse they'll be at learning spells. With notable exceptions of paladin and monk. Best at learning spells are Wizard, Druid, Priest, Necromancer. They find more books too, on average. Worst are Beastfighers, Fighters, Weaponsmiths, Assassins, Thieves.
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/11/2011 at 05:35 (GMT -5) by Nightmare]
AshenPlanet
Registered user

Last page view:

3183 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

Different classes do have different penalties on learning spells.
Your archer is actually better off than a farmer or elementalist.

Wiz, druid, priest, and necro find 10x more books.
Paladins find 4x more books.
I think everyone else is the same, although I might be forgetting a class.

Placebo
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 13:18 (GMT -5)

Lurker here.

I do know that mindcrafters have a special penalty when it comes to books.

They actually are incapable of mastering a new spell using a book. They can only book-cast or increase their knowledge of spells already known (which has to be done with potions/wands of wonder).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: