Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Kill a cave lion!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Toan
Registered user

Last page view:

5081 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 21:48 (GMT -5)

I'ver been playing ADOM on and off for a year now and i'm pretty heavily spoiled, so don't hold back, but Thundarr's first quest is to kill a Cave Lion. I'm a Gnomish Weaponsmith, and i'm not sure what to do. Level 11, and though i could take on Rehetep with my sling and crystals of fire, i'd rather have that blessed wand of fireballs. At the same time...Cat ring, Cat Lord? (I haven't gotten that far, the furthest i've gotten is Khelly). I'm not sure what to do. Kill the cat or have a harder time killing Rehetep?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 22 hours, 5 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 at 13:55 (GMT -5)

No thought to it - kill the cat. There's a good chance you'll accidentally bump into one anyway - might as well get something useful from it. There's also a low chance you'll actually reach the cat lord, especially if you hold back on short-term goals.

On top of that, the cat ring is by no means vital, and the kitty king himself can be avoided with some luck. The cat lord also gives some very nice xp if you do decide to face him and win.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Soirana
Registered user
Chaos Freak

Last page view:

4150 days, 3 hours, 22 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 11:31 (GMT -5)

Technically you can enter cat lord level. than kill cat and get ring.

Practically it is not worth it.
A root is a flower that disdains fame.
Kahlil Gibran(1883-1931)
Toan
Registered user

Last page view:

5081 days, 9 hours, 41 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

Thank you both.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: