Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Hawkslayer turned on me...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Infinite Hopper
Registered user

Last page view:

5028 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2010 at 17:49 (GMT -5)

Hi everyone. First time poster. Love tha game :)

So this is the deal: I'm a level 29 Dwarven Priest and to help change my alignment to chaotic for the ratling/hag jobby I've brought recently recruited Hawkslayer along to the CoC graveyard to 'go diggin' with me. He's happily keeping pesky undead off my back for a while. Only problem is... after changing to CN Hawkie has evidently gotten upset, stating he "can't let this happen" and has turned on me (bad Hawkie).
Not the end of the world. He's only level 20 or so and the equipment I donated to him isn't uber.
A backslap to the chops is not out of the question (immense baptism & greater touch, decent melee with masterwork spear of devestation + shield grand mastery and plenty of humanoid slaying ammo).
However, I wouldn't mind keeping him around to glean his eternium arrows.
Is there any chance of Hawksworth and I having a sitdown and working this out, or is it beyond words?
I'm assuming the best I can do is somehow get him non-hostile...

Any suggestions on getting my arrow dispenser back would be greatly appreciated.

"Hawkie, you tit. What are you doing??"
Portrait
Maul
Registered user
[banned user]

Last page view:

4927 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 05:13 (GMT -5)

No chance, I think. Getting him nonhostile probably is impossible, since Calm Monster is likely to have no effect. Don't mourn over him anyway - companions at this stage are unneeded (necromancers' quickling-made undead are probably the only ones I'd consider, and even them only occasionally) and the eternium arrows are no big loss since you should have slaying ammo against the monsters who really need it.
1l= Y0(_) [4l\l R34[) 7l-l15, Y0(_) l\/l(_)57 83 PR377Y G00[).

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/10/2010 at 05:14 (GMT -5) by Maul]
Infinite Hopper
Registered user

Last page view:

5028 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 07:02 (GMT -5)

Fair play.

He's actually shooting quite a few arrows at me, which is fine.
Maybe I'll petrify him and place his statue in my stronghold :)

Yeah, I know what you mean about quicklings. In an older version I got "Beavis" - my quickling ghul to level six hundred and something. He killed the ancient blue wyrm before I even realised what had happened.
When he turned on me after setting off a trap (destined to happen) I didn't stand a chance.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4238 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 03:30 (GMT -5)

I first misread the thread title as "Hawslayer turned me on..."

Got nothing else to add, just found that amusing :)
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: