Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Wait...What? Seriously?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Drake Rude
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 at 11:56 (GMT -5)

Well, I was a level 16 Gray Elf Wizard with a spellbook so big I had to scroll to see it all. I was also damn good with a sword, and a bow. It was basically the best character I ever had. Now, for the story of his death.

I was equipping some things in the Dwarven Temple after identifying them and dropping them on the altar. I was in good standing with my god. (Inner Peace level.) While equipping stuff, the priest in there yelled "Defiler!" and came to attack me. He was pretty tough, but I wasn't going to die that easily. I tried calm monster, nothing. I went invisible, he detected me. I had him follow me to the floor above, and killed him. My god then proceeded to turn my equipment to dust. (I was rockin' a crystal shield and a flaming scimitar, just as a taste of the stuff I had.) At that point, I went invisible again, and went back to the town. The priest's ghost then appeared and told the town to attack me. I tried to calm them, but the just kept trying to hit me. I went to leave to the next floor and collect the pieces of my shattered security, and died to some invisible thing on the way. I could have killed them, but wanted to keep neutral alignment, so yeah.

Any thoughts/comments/theories-of-how-the-hell-that-happened's?

Total WTF moment?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 at 09:46 (GMT -5)

Hmm, did you by any chance convert the altar from lawful to neutral? I know changing the alignment of that altar tends to set off the priest.

The big mistake was killing him though, if the does go berserk the trick is to have him follow you out of town and then loose him (speed or teleport), the rest of the town only get hostile if you kill him.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Mogri
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

I bet you equipped a ___ of hate.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: